Weather

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got a text last evening from Kid#1 who is working up on the mountain that it was about -35 and the wind was blowing so hard that the chairs coming down were almost hitting the haul rope.

At least the sun is shining. :\

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
namussfcwbg.gif

Should update.

digitS'

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cold enough for ice skates, @buckabucka ?!

I was thinking just before Christmas how there was less ice on the ponds and small lakes than just a couple weeks before! I don't know that any of the big lakes have even begun to freeze!

Maybe that's gonna change. Single digitS' now and there should be some more snow this weekend and for when the kids head back to school. Then, we are told, mid-January "normal."

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cold and windy here. high 50's Just got back from Fresno where the highest was 31 degrees! That's pretty cold for me.

Mary

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@digitS' We were surprised to find good ice! Some ponds are still open, but this one is relatively shallow so it freezes early. There were ATVs out there, so it is fairly thick.

We had a nice long skate today. It always amazes me how few people get out on the lakes and skate. We basically had the place to ourselves. A pair of eagles kept us company.
image.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This will not update ...

You have only to wait awhile for it to be reality, WS says. Winter (but not so much here).

Steve

B6eXUUuIAAAhSfS.png

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's raining here right now, but the local weather station says it will probably change over to snow late tonight. No accumulation though. The temperatures are going to drop all week. :( I have been enjoying these mild temps

Latest posts