Weather

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
we went from 20's yesterday and about 3" of snow accumulation from 7 last night to around 2 this morning when it started changing over to freezing rain. when i looked at the forecast early yesterday they were predicting today to be in the low 50's. looked this morning and the temp prediction dropped in the mid 40's. the rest of the week is supposed to be in the 20's during day and in single digits to below 0 during nights with a chance of snow each day but Monday. o_O

my poor dog couldn't get much of a grip on the ground due to the thick sheet of ice glazed over the snow. had to stomp the path so he wouldn't hurt himself. don't like this stuff but i have to take care of the driveway.

just checked my email and saw Home Depot advertizing leaf blowers. now if they put a heater on that i could use to to blow and melt away all that snow in the driveway.

Last edited:

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They are saying below zero each night and highs in the single digits much of this week. While I dread these temperatures, last year on this date we hit -29 and had frozen pipes! And Jan. 2nd (last winter), the high was -5, so things could be a lot worse!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's starting to warm up here. Today will be 65 and Wednesday 69! Yay, I need to do some yard/coop cleanup and it's been too cold (50's) for this sissy!

Mary

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The bottom has fallen out of our weather here in WV. We barely got to 20 today and it doesnt look good for the rest of the week. We are expected to get 1-4" of snow over night. yuck. I could have gone the rest of the winter with no snow and been a very happy camper.
ninnymary I'd love to see 50's again.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Most schools are closed here today, -31 wind chill , dang it's cold! And I have a funeral to get to today, hoping my truck starts.
Stay warm and be careful out there!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Supposed to be 70 today! Then going down back to low 60s during the week.

I can't even imagine what -31 feels like. :(

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 15 degrees right now with a windchill of -4. When that wind blows so hard, it really makes the back side of the house chilly, sucks the heat right out of the house. It's supposed to be 3 degrees by tomorrow morning. Hopefully the power won't go out, but I'm having DH put the generator in place, just in case. Last year when it got down to -7 in the morning, we had a power blackout because the grid was overloaded. January is upon us... Ugh. :confused:

Definitely needing that Spring advent calendar...

Latest posts