What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Reminds of the guide dog I was training- he ate the bacon out of the frying pan- when it was cooking!!! Steve, that video is the way to start the day. Talk about LOL!
OMG Lesa that is too funny!! Even my bad dogs have not been THAT BAD! There was the day they ate the bag of pasta from the cupboard, and at the same time knocked off and broke the pasta sauce that was next to it... And the 10 POUND bag of pancake mix that they drug through the whole house playing tug of war with... Man, that was a mess. And they were REALLY SICK! Oh yeah, and the slab of smoked salmon they ate off the counter right when MIL was coming to visit. Eesh, ok they're pretty bad.

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks lesa, I found a pic of what to look for and have it saved, maybe I can get some seeds for next year, that will help..

Also Steve I have that video on my iPad and play it each day for a good LOL, even after a couple of months it doesn't get old it is getting so bad at my house my wife and I quote
The dog on all kinds of things.. The dogs name is Clark I think it fits him well..
Thanks for sharing it will everyone else

Don (it's getting cooler today only 101, much better than 115 )

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Friend of mine has a Bullmastiff 50lbs bag of feed corn and carried it out into the yard from the barn and proceeded to shake it like it was a stuffed animal spilling corn EVERYWHERE!! We saw the whole thing happen from the kitchen window. Went to stop the dog and my buddy's dad said he'd buy another bag of feed, he wanted to see how strong this girl was. Needless to say it was impressive.

Now my Goldens they are angels. Just ask them!! :lol: The younger one can make zucchini bread cupcakes vanish in the blink of an eye if you leave one out. Its amazing. Nothing else is disturbed either. Its there then gone.

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Labor Day weekend - we'll be planting the fall garden! Spinach, Lettuce, Potatoes & Radishes are planned so far.

Will also be putting up my new experimental cold frame structure, a long narrow chain link dog run combined with an in the ground post and center ridge line system for pitching plastic over the whole assembly. If that doesn't make sense, I'm putting in a long pipe for a center roof line to drape the plastic over so the plastic is pitched like a house roof and then runs down the dog kennel sides.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I transplanted a Totem tomato seedling today that I intend to grow indoors.

totem1.jpg

johngrimm66

Sprout
Reaction score
I like to use plastic plants and silk myself, because I'm not willing to take the plunge into a tank of greens, however, and some of the decorations on the market these days are very nice but very expensive.It really depends on whatever you like since it was looking into it and enjoy it all the time.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
UGH

This happens to me every year! We get our first rain of the season and within 3 days all the dirt around our house, on the rolling hills, on the mountains, in the fields, etc. are all turning green with wild grasses / weeds (mostly wild oats).

Each year I see all this growth and I think "Wow, it must be a good time to start planting stuff because it's green green green outside!!!" But when I consult my various planing books and charts the "Late Fall" "October / November" columns are all pretty empty. :(

Granted, the materials I'm consulting are for edibles, mostly vegetables, so that may be the reason.

I really need to get on a better calendar reminder to plant stuff that we like when the timing is right. Example: Peas! We NEVER remember to plant peas when we're suppose to.

OH, and the one that frustrates me the most: California Poppies! Every single year I see them and think "Dang, why didn't I plant those!?!?" and every year I forget to research when to plant them. Well, not that I'm at my computer and remembering, I just looked them up, and it seems that the best time to plant California Poppy seeds is during the fall in mild-winter areas.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a while. It looks kind of quiet. I planted cabbage a week ago and this morning planted tulips. I forgot I'd put them in the refrigerator in the garage. OOPS! I also planted some iris that I'd forgot also. They were still alive with green shoots coming out and they weren't in any dirt either. Our ground doesn't feeze hard anyway so we can plant doemant at any time. I just planted a siver dollar eucalyptus a few days ago and replaced nine Leyland cypress that got a disease. I replanted with Afghanistan pine. They do well here in the desert. I still have roses blooming and some other flowers I don't know the name of. I forget to plant CA poppies also.

Latest posts