What Color is Your Front Door ?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our newly former neighbors painted their house a lavendery blueish purple, if you can visualize that :sick, and the mailbox to match, but left the mailbox post lipstick red. It probably made giving directions to their house a lot easier.
"................yeah, then hang a right and drive until you feel nauseous, that's our house..."

The new neighbors were moved in for an entire 48 hours until they repainted. Much easier on the eyes now.

:lol: :yuckyuck :gig LOVE it.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I convinced my mother to add a little red to her life this year...she and Dad had always painted everything shades of brown or tan because that doesn't show dirt and they are clean freaks. This past year she painted her trailer portion of the home and her wood shed to match....brown...with browner trim. I finally convinced her to paint the shutters red and the trim on the woodshed red...and even paint the formerly brown glider in the back yard~ that matched the brown outhouse~ red.

Now she loves that red trim and is even going to paint the front porch railings the same color of red...will miracles never cease!!!?? Every time I see that red glider in the back yard I makes me grin...nothing like a spanked butt red in the middle of a green or white lawn to brighten one's day.

Here's a pic of that red....I used the same color on my coop. I find you can't really go wrong with a good, barn red. Every time I see it used as an accent color or on accent pieces, it makes me smile and think of my grandma's house. Her whole house was barn red, with a green roof!

900x900px-LL-f84459ed_100_2366.jpeg

900x900px-LL-ce0dd8d5_100_2287.jpeg

900x900px-LL-37519caf_100_2568.jpeg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a pic of that red....I used the same color on my coop. I find you can't really go wrong with a good, barn red.

I love barn red too! My coop is red, my little-horse shelter is red with a gray interior, and I painted my patio sink stand to match. My sister surprised me last year when she was visiting by painting the bench out in the garden area barn red while I was at work. :love

Latest posts