What Color is Your Front Door ?

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Color can be quite deceptive, especially when scaled from a little chip to an entire wall or door. I think sometimes I am seduced by the name! The house came with a brick red bedroom, which was nerve-wracking after about four years. I picked what I thought was a light green named after some pleasant bird by Martha Stewart, and after several coats of KILZ painted it. Looked just like concrete! Aaaak. So I had a little bit of light brown paint left over from another room and sponged it over....looked like MUD on concrete. After more KILZ I finally picked a better light green. Now I always buy the little tester jars LOL.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I painted the shelves in my pantry bright yellow. DH would have a spastic fit if I painted front door yellow! :) :)

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Came in as off white, staying as off white. I don't like doors to be anything but natural wood or white. =/

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
HATE new door color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back to the store, glad quart of paint is cheap.
I realize your clients are oohing and ahhing over your pink door, but do you like it? If it is anything like the Apricot (nope, pink) I picked first for my living room, I'd get rid of it no matter what the others said. Who would have thought I'd like the orange better? Not me!

Now, where can I use the rest of that pink paint can? I hate to waste anything and there is almost half a can left. Hum, mixing it with my blue living room paint might make a lovely purple-ish for the granddaughter's bedroom?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pink walls, blue ceiling. . would that go well with the grey trim, red door, and cedar siding? Of course it would! I see a new project coming this spring.

Latest posts