What Did You Do In The Garden?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not saying there's no worry, but only the first implant is truly scary. Now the surgeon just cuts the 'pocket' open, switches out the ICD, and attaches the wires from the old one to the new one. Unexpected hospital infections are probably more of an issue than anything else.

Surgery takes less than 45 minutes total and son will be there to wait with Spouse and keep him occupied for that short time as well as drive home. I am usually one of their fastest patients to get up, dressed, and out'a there and I'm looking to break my old record.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wove tomatoes through the cattle panel, suckered them while doing so. Weeded here and there. Picked strawberries, pruned rhubarb, checked seedlings.

All the side dressings of blood meal, pelleted lime, epsom salts and composted horse manure are starting to show up after a few days of good rain....things greening more, growing more. Heading into a week or two of sunny days, so should see even more growth.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
We've been able to get, free of charge, sod that was not good enough to sell. So we put some down at the high desert ranch and at a place we have, down there also that we rent out. We set up automatic sprinklers and it is greening up great. Today we laid more sod.

We've planted fruit trees and flower at the rental also.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red Not to alarm you but I'd look for another dealer for that tractor. Tractor sales are at an all time low. So unless it is something unique, there is one at a dealership. Go on tractorhouse.com and look. There is no way should wait till July let alone September. I understand you don't need this along with your health issue and spouse. Wish I could help.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Picked Nanking cherries and brought in a cabbage for lunch. Ate a few raspberries I picked. Isn't it early to pick raspberries in June?
I have about 6 raspberry canes but I've observed that "June-bearing" raspberries was not a very applicable term, hereabouts.

Yes, we have had a few berries already, from our plants and the neighbor's ;).

Steve

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Low battery is a lot better than a short. Was on a call few weeks ago poor guy got shocked about every 8 minutes. I sedated him but he got hit a number of times before I got there.

Hope everything goes fine for you.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have about 6 raspberry canes but I've observed that "June-bearing" raspberries was not a very applicable term, hereabouts.

Yes, we have had a few berries already, from our plants and the neighbor's ;).

Steve

I guess not so early them. My garlic is starting to have brown leaves. Not quite ready, but getting close.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@Smart Red -Prayers sent for your health. :hugs:hugs :hugs
I'm feeling for you. DH has an appointment for a defib next month. He had a stint put in last month--10 years after triple bypass surgery--and I was living no sleep and on pins and needles, when I wasn't stunned. NOBODY had told me that this could happen. I specifically pray that the Lord will protect you and your family. In Christ,
--Betty

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Back to topic. I got the pepper bed fixed up with the wooden "raised bed" sides. I've been working on this bed for 7 years with adding compost. I tilled above and had no problem hand digging 10 inches deep before adding my sweet peppers and jalepenos. I planted 14 peppers--no, wait, one was a tomato. :hu (I planted them at dusk.) NO PROBLEM!! The second tomato bed goes next door!
ALL weeds that managed to grow there pulled right out. Read up more about using compost in your garden. It REALLY makes a difference. :cool: