What did YOU do in your garden today :P

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it's sunny and hot right now. I walked around, watered everything that is waiting in pots and flats and stared at the mud...wishing I could get it tilled. Tons of rain forecasted over the next few days.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went to Big R today to buy grass seed. Didn't know which to buy, so on way out, look to my left. What do I see? Gypsy peppers-4/$1. Love Gypsy's. When I went through flat I got at favorite greenhouse, found I grabbed a Tia hot instead of salsa pepper. Called them, they allowed me to swap it. Did I say they were my favorite?

So planted peppers, tomatoes, carrots, watermelons, cucumbers and honeydews. Actually mudded in as rained hard earlier, rained off/on. Now if the west would just keep the cold......

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got a nice beach plum to add to my yard/orchard. Noticed this morning one of my apple trees was starting to bloom and one of the pear trees had a few blooms

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted the last of the onions 250 or so. I had to pull weeds and loosen the dirt to plant 18 cauliflower. I weeded the asparagus and in a corner of the box where nothing grows, I planted some marigold that I started from seed. I found some bee balm in the middle of the garden where the eggplant was last year and transplanted it to the fence. I planted some thyme and flat leaf parsley that I started from seed, and plants that I bought of Rosemary and curly leaf parsley.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I finally got my potatoes in the ground, another week and it would have been to late.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
last night I finished making four raised beds,each about 10feet by 15 inches, filled one and a half with our compost/dirt, and planted the potatoes,lemon balm, sweet basil, and parsley in them. I also started my Lakota squash.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
After the worst winter in a long time we had a cool late spring. I am currently in Florida visiting my youngest daughter and heading for a daylily festival at the end of the week. Before leaving we had to do a marathon of planting out vegetables. I need the week off for my back and hands to heal. Hope my daughter and son in law keep the watering going and the animals alive!

Latest posts