What did YOU do in your garden today :P

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That Rhubarb is HUGE-O-MONGOUS!

All I did in the garden today was put one board into the back bed and watered twice. Getting ready for a big camper's work party tomorrow. One of the docks needs a lot of work, and putting up a storage shed, plus other assorted things such as showing some new campers how our water supply works.
Generally getting things ready for boatbabe season :) So, probably not much work in the garden tomorrow either. Sunday will be catch up day providing I'm up to it...
Oh, found a pecker pole that definitely needs cutting for use in that bed. It's leaning far over the "road" that leads toward our spring.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew lemon squash a few year back. I thought it was pretty good. I can get seeds for regular summer squash local a lot cheaper than mail-order so I'm cheap and plant that.

I planted about half of my "African Collection" beans from Russ, two pole and three bush varieties. I saved half the seeds as insurance and will soon plant those in other areas. For one of those bush varieties I only had three seeds so I built a Rabbit Cage to go over them and planted all three. I've had rats, rabbits, and groundhogs eat beans as they sprout. Hopefully that cage will protect any of those three that sprout.

I also planted a fifteen foot row of okra, about fifty feet of lima bush beans, and maybe 40 feet of purple hull peas. I had prepared the ground for those earlier so it wasn't that much work, but it sure seemed more than it sounds.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just a picture of the pocketbook flower that I bought this week. It's a annual, temperate, terrestrial orchid native to the southern end of South America. Willing to share seed but don't want to make many promises until I see how much I end up with. Definitely my new favorite flower!

View attachment 2459

@Wishin'
What kind of sunflowers are they? I have a few varieties coming up now - Autumn Beauty, Vanilla Ice, and "Il Tore" (originally from Italy).
Mammoth Russian, an assorted pack of vanilla ice,autumn beauty,lemon queen, and evening sun, an assorted pack of tigers eye, and a purplish type that is also called evening sun. At least that is what the packets said, but when I oped them there were eight distinctively different seeds in the the assorted pack, and two different types in the purplish evening sun. I think there were four(?) types of seeds in the tigers eye mix.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted ten strawberries, and five more of my tomatoes. I still have one tomato to plant and five to give away. The local vet just gave me some garlic, two varieties Inchelium red, and Silver rose, I know nothing about garlic so we will see how it goes.:D The silver rose smells soooo good:)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I transplanted several perennials into Connor's Memorial Butterfly Garden and added a few annuals for instant color. Other than that, I weeded 6 flower beds and did some internet shopping for the garden.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted 2 6-packs of lettuce, 2 poblano peppers, a window box of impations, 2 coleus, 3 super petunia in my wine barrel, 2 more by my daughters front porch, a bacopa in one of my planters on the coop, and a verbena in the other planter also on the coop. Gotta have that chicken coop looking pretty. :)

Mary

Latest posts