What did YOU do in your garden today :P

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dug in the dirt. Again. I also planted 30 Ananas Crème De La Crème hybrid melon seeds. That's one of my impulse purchases. I've never grown them before. We'll see how it goes.

Just noticed tonight. The corn I planted six days ago is coming up. It's just started and it already looks like I got a pretty good stand out of this planting, four twenty foot rows. My similar sized corn planting on May 2 only had about an 80% stand.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally weeded my poor neglected raspberries today and gave them a nice slow soak. I was happy to see lots of blossom buds.
Fiddled around with cleaning up some garden areas to plant and got my new perennials in, but the big deal is my new "Only the Lonely" nicotiana!
I've been wanting to start seeds for a few years but just haven't, then I saw these at the nursery. Yeah total impulse gotta have it buy.
Oh, planted my sunnies too! :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not sure which of these threads I should post my plantings in! There's the "What did you plant today" thread running too.

I will quote myself, then. :)
Today Ava and I planted a 20 foot row of asst. cukes. She planted 5 rows of asst. sunflowers all by herself and a short row of cosmos. I put in 6 okra (started indoors) and 38 asst. pepper plants. So much more to do, but it's slow going. I sprained my ankle, right off the bat on Saturday! :\ (I was strolling out to the chicken coop...such a beautiful day it was...and in lala land admiring my freshly tilled garden I fell in an old chicken dust bathing hole.) It was hurting less today, so I was able to finally get something done.

Anyhow... We also got my new PoultryNet set up for the chickens. Almost finished electrifying it, but I was short 6' of cord and have to go back to TSC. I am really pleased with it so far. I think it will be the answer to all of my chicken aggravations. :cool:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Not enough!! :\
I dug out more by the side door's sidewalk to move sod and grass seed in. Moved that dirt over to the south yard's fencing that is coming down/being pulled down to fill in holes so I don't break a leg mowing there!!!!!!
Planted 16 gladiolas (mixed) around the inside of the fencing of my Magnolia tree.
Transplanted 12 sweet peppers from buy pots (potbound) to my big tree pot, temporarily, until their bed is made.
Had to work Saturday. The lender couldn't get their act together and a 12Noon closing turned into a 4PM signing, so the WHOLE day was blown. :he

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not much. Mowed down around the chicken area this morning and put some kale in the freezer this afternoon. It's been drizzling just enough to get everything except the ground wet.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally planted sweet corn for the 4 time. 6 rows with the 6th row being hilled. Hope I didn't keep the seed one year to long. Tough being tight.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pinched the flowers. Does anyone else do this?

I was out in the snapdragons - pinching them so their bloom cycle is delayed. I try to do 1/3rd, then another 1/3rd in a week, or so. 1/3rd is untouched and if I do it right, they will not all bloom madly at the same moment, then quit!

I moved on to the zinnias. About 100 plants, there was already 2 open flowers . . . each about the size of a nickel. Those plants need to grow, not bloom, not yet.

I came home and the shed no longer has an attached hoop house! Quickly, the plastic film is now stuffed in a bag. Hoops are down, rebar pulled! Six weeks are downstream.

Steve :)
further and further from things we have done, leaving them one by one . . . watchin' the river run . . . run river, run

Latest posts