What did YOU do in your garden today :P

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is all good news about the tulips and dafodills. I have half a 5 gallon bucket full of them and not sure where to plant 'em. I want them in the woods out back, but don't know where DH plans for his things to go and what will be regraded and prepped for grass.

I suppose I could plant a bunch along the border with the neighbors. Imagine having the sheriff called for "illegal bulbing".

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sigh! It is such a beautiful day today. Temp near 50 degrees and less wind than we've been having. Someone SHOULD be planting those bulbs.

I just spent a couple of hours getting fuel oil for the furnace. Get truck back from son. Get 100 gal tank from SIL. Put tank on truck. Go to gas station and purchase off-road diesel --$200 worth. Drive home. Take the back driveway to get behind the house. Let gravity dump 62 gallons of fuel oil into the tank in the basement. Take the tank off and hope it won't be needed again, but store it just in case. Return MY truck to son after putting $50 into the gas tank for using the truck. It hardly looks like the fuel oil made a difference in the gauge in the basement, but here I must walk in faith.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, you could also put them in pots,
Plant them in nursery pots and sink them in the ground if you need to move them after all, or put them in nicer containers that you can put out and enjoy the blooms, then stash when they go through the uglies.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today DH and I left at 7 AM dragging a trailer with the rest of the tractor implements on it. We took a set of forks that clamp on the front loader bucket, a box blade and disc up to the new place. We got them unloaded for the "future" garden. LOL Had to return some paint to Lowes, then drove back home, returned trailer, ate Mexican food with some friends and came back home. 360 miles today.....tired.....full belly.....sleepy.......snore.....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got a little more done than I expected to!

In one garden, I leave the pickup keys on the seat. In the other garden, I usually lock the doors because it is parked behind trees and there is a walking trail just up the hill on the other side of where it sits.

Fortunately, I had my phone in my pocket. Keys in ignition, doors locked. Time to call it a year and go home ... 2 hours later, DD showed up with my spare keys.

The beds for the kale and carrots were nicely turned by then. I wasn't gonna do it ... I even cleared the weeds between the driveway curb and the shady corner. I went through and loosened that ground over a month ago. Never got around to pulling all the weeds so, of course, they had time to grow more roots. Dun!

Steve
dsc01016-jpg.3721

Location of my spare keys, at home in the utility room. A.A. Milne said that the advantage of being disorganized is that life is full of surprises ... :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope there is still garlic to buy. I am going to town tomorrow and see. I think the warm weather had me thinking it was still Oct. I covered the lettuce, mustard greens, and collards for tonight. I just have a little of that. I started picking kale today. I picked, cleaned, chopped, blanched and froze 18 sacks with 2 cups of blanched kale in each. I measured to see what it was before blanching and 4 cups is about 2 cups, so that means I brought in 72 cups of kale today, plus more in the dehydrator. I think I will cover the rest of it tonight and I will try to harvest the rest tomorrow. I may go out later tonight after supper and start freezing more. I have applesauce and jelly to make tomorrow or the next day. There is at least the same amount left out there.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got a little more done than I expected to!

In one garden, I leave the pickup keys on the seat. In the other garden, I usually lock the doors because it is parked behind trees and there is a walking trail just up the hill on the other side of where it sits.

Fortunately, I had my phone in my pocket. Keys in ignition, doors locked. Time to call it a year and go home ... 2 hours later, DD showed up with my spare keys.

The beds for the kale and carrots were nicely turned by then. I wasn't gonna do it ... I even cleared the weeds between the driveway curb and the shady corner. I went through and loosened that ground over a month ago. Never got around to pulling all the weeds so, of course, they had time to grow more roots. Dun!

Steve
dsc01016-jpg.3721

Location of my spare keys, at home in the utility room. A.A. Milne said that the advantage of being disorganized is that life is full of surprises ... :)

2 hours... Did it take her a long time to find the spare or was it a really long drive? At least it wasn't too dark to get something done! :p

Latest posts