What interesting creatures live in your garden?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh I forgot, at this season they DO have one other possible use
Sorry for forgetting to post this UNTIL Christmas Day (when there probably isn't anything you can do about it), but at least one can keep it in mind for next year

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We even have eagles here. Years ago, it was determined to build a bridge below Lake Livingston, as there was no other way to get across without driving for miles. There was a pair of eagles nesting in the vicinity on the Trinity river. During the nesting season, all work on the bridge stopped. It took twice as long to build the bridge, but the eagles were not disturbed. Nobody seemed to mind, had been so long without a bridge, couple more years weren't going to matter.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Bay ...couple years do matter... just think how many workers didn't get a pay check for 2 years, number of unemployment / welfare checks increased, other people lost money for increased gas used causing increased pollution, contractor loss of income for 2 years, cost of bridge increased substantially, peoples' taxes increased, etc. ... those eagles were squaters and should have been evicted just as soon as the eaglets fledged, and the parents became empty nesters. :idunno

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Neighbor (BFF's son) had a bald eagle fly down in front of him and almost hit the car about half a mile from here. I've never seen one around here, but a day later there were comments about the eagles flying over the Rock River so they are around. I do see plenty of hawks, though.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's the first one I've seen here. I'm not that close to water so that may help explain it. A pair nest about an hour north of here on Beaver Lake and a neighbor that is a bird watcher said she had seen one flying overhead a couple of times. I was quite pleased to see that one.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
we have several bald eagles winter here in the river valley. i love to watch them fish. one of the saddest thing I've seen was a flock of about 20 eagles feeding on the dead chickens from a poultry farm over in Oklahoma. now i know that they are scavengers and will eat about anything to make a living but seeing that made me sad.

Latest posts