Your Weather 2023

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunshine ... what's that 🤨?

The US weather service says that if we don't already have snow on the ground, we have a 10% chance of a White Christmas.

Environment Canada says 40% ... Our yard has only snow where I piled it while shoveling. Who do you think we should bet on, @Branching Out ? If we add the 2 together, might we have it 50/50?

digitS'

i think you're doing funny math there because if you add percentages you'd have to likely take into account all the units involved.

sorry, i'm wide awake now. brr out there and some snow flakes coming down...

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
And the Northeast has been pummeled by yet another adverse rain event. High winds, flooding, evacuations, and widespread power outages. Our power was shifting between the grid and the generator system all last night, while the winds shook the house. Mother Nature is annoyed with us it seems.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been raining for two days and I love it. So far our drainage system seems to be working. Of course it hasn't rain for days yet to really saturate the ground. But we are hoping our basement apartment doesn't flood. Last year it did a little so we turned on the sump pump. Fortainitely it has cement floors so no damage if it gets wet a tiny bit.

Mary

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
10F all day, had everything plugged in and it started so i plowed mine and the neighbors this afternoon.

oh yea, we only lost 8 sec today, now we head back the other way. News lady said between now and June 21st; we’ll gain a little over 16 hours of daylight!😊

i dont have a clue what actually triggers the Salmons return but i like to tell people, there’s a bunch of them headed this way now, with my name on them!

i’ve been back and forth on the “onion from seed” thing and generally prefer sets, for what ever reason; However @catjac1975 recently inspired me so i started a flat yesterday. These are in several months sooner than i’ve tried previously and im in a deeper flat this time so i guess we’ll see!

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We were supposed to have snow but forca week we have had rain and the past couple of days heavy winds.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been raining for two days and I love it. So far our drainage system seems to be working. Of course it hasn't rain for days yet to really saturate the ground. But we are hoping our basement apartment doesn't flood. Last year it did a little so we turned on the sump pump. Fortainitely it has cement floors so no damage if it gets wet a tiny bit.

did you have to break out the kayaks? :)

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Starting at the top; it’s nice to see @Marie2020 back!

Today we’ve warmed up abit and are around freezing right now. We’re also on the edge of a predicted whopper weather front, due to arrive this evening so i fired up the plow truck to do a little trim work in preparation. Pushing all i could over the edge in the front and lengthening the all ready 30 ft long pile in the back. Thank you Lord for a plow truck!

Being comfortable to be out, i dug into the greenhouse and lit the Toyo hoping to get the roof to slide before another dump! Everything looks like i left it; said hello to my guardian goose and i assured her it will all be over before you know it. Geese aint very smart so i think she bought it.

Hope everyone has a Merry and relaxed Christmas!

Attachments

• IMG_1885.jpeg
    IMG_1885.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1883.jpeg
    IMG_1883.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1887.jpeg
    IMG_1887.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 36

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
3 hours later it slid and i shut the stove down. Whether or not a biggie comes is of no consequence; it’s just nice to get everything you can cleaned up when the weather’s temperate. Otherwise you may not have places to push it later! 😋

P.s We gained 16 seconds today!

Attachments

• IMG_1890.jpeg
    IMG_1890.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts