Your Weather 2023

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
snowed here a little last night and still gently drifting down this morning.

looks like the PNW is going to get plenty more today (including northern California). for those who had drought conditions for so long this at least should soak things down again.
It must be so pretty with the snow flowerbug. And peaceful. ❄️

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It must be so pretty with the snow flowerbug. And peaceful. ❄️

it was for an hour and then it all has melted off. it is rare for it to be calm enough that snow can just drift down like that.

tonight is forecast for below freezing again so i'm not sure what i'll get done outside tomorrow. supposed to get into the mid-40s so i may be able to get a few hours done later in the day.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well,

I now see that the Birmingham area also had tornadoes ..

. without the benefit of a tornado watch! That is @Dirtmechanic and @Cosmo spring garden country.
Yep. North of us and just strong F1 winds. That is enough to find the weak trees and houses in Birmingham suffered the falling trees and loose tin roofing type damage. It is good to take a shovel and tap around a tree trunk to ensure it has a healthy root. Especially on the side opposite your house; if not the good root acts as a hinge when the swirling winds come and direct the falling tree away from the rotted root side toward your home.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looks like sunshine for today and then two weeks of cloudy and rainy, which is unfortunate given that it's the holiday season. There are some really nice community light displays that are best enjoyed without an umbrella and gum boots. The heaviest rains will fall on December 24th and 25th, with 50mm (2 inches) of precipitation per day expected. No white Christmas for us this year. Oh well. Wet weather, but not bad weather. We have had consistently mild temperatures and that looks like that will continue, with 7-10C (45-50F) during the day and not much cooler at night time. My late sowing of various mustard greens and spinach are still growing slowly for now, and I'm harvesting the last of the hot peppers from the high tunnel outdoors. I suspect that at some point we are going to be plunged in to a prolonged deep freeze-- but it won't happen before the new year.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunshine ... what's that 🤨?

The US weather service says that if we don't already have snow on the ground, we have a 10% chance of a White Christmas.

Environment Canada says 40% ... Our yard has only snow where I piled it while shoveling. Who do you think we should bet on, @Branching Out ? If we add the 2 together, might we have it 50/50?

digitS'

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Everything’s up side down around here! For the year we’re over 60 inches, about twice of normal. ** editing here, Ruthy sent me a little blurb from the weather service saying we’ve had 70 inches so far!
single digit evenings, mid 20’s daytime and only loosing daylight for 5 more days!

Attachments

• IMG_1841.jpeg
    IMG_1841.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Latest posts