Your Weather

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My roadside was almost alway littered with trash, mostly from a McDonalds at either end of the road. I've found that once I started mowing my roadside and keeping the litter cleaned up there has been a marked reduction in trash thrown out there. Of course, the litter is still going somewhere, I presume it's just before or after my speck of clean, trimmed country Earth.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think litter begets litter. It's easier for people to not think about tossing more trash out on an already trashy piece of ground, than a neat clean area.

I used to put a trash can on a hand cart and pick up the beer cans along our entry road. I'm sure it was the same persons trash and I am pretty sure I know who was doing it. The cans were all the same brand and on the same side of the road, out the drivers side on the way home I assume.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
In my "dream world" I would have a big sign with lights to proclaim important information and opinions. For the known trash dumper, I would put this sign, with a trash can along the side of the road: "Hey Larry, throw your beer cans here. Save me some time cleaning up after you."

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If I run down the road, I often grab a can on the way home. I like to think I'm getting paid for running (rather low pay) or perhaps all the nickels will eventually pay for a pair of running shoes.
Sometimes I feel a little awkward running by a neighbor with an empty beer, but usually no one sees me.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hard to believe that this was another 90°f+ day because there were 30mph wind gusts!

There is a fire of over 2,500 acres to the south, in @Collector 's part of the world, and a fire in the foothills near Spokane.

The air is full of smoke! That also made it feel cooler since I didn't see the sun after about 4pm. Fire crews are working into the night with aircraft trying for containment. More windy hours predicted for tomorrow afternoon.

Steve