Your Weather

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hard to believe that this was another 90°f+ day because there were 30mph wind gusts!

There is a fire of over 2,500 acres to the south, in @Collector 's part of the world, and a fire in the foothills near Spokane.

The air is full of smoke! That also made it feel cooler since I didn't see the sun after about 4pm. Fire crews are working into the night with aircraft trying for containment. More windy hours predicted for tomorrow afternoon.

Steve

Hopefully the cooler weather we are supposed to be getting will help with the wildfires.There are currently 8 major wildfires in Idaho. Kid#1 is working on one in the central part of the state. He says he'll be there at least another week. Very steep, rough terrain, but he says what hasn't burned is beautiful. At least he gets to work in a scenic area. :\

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
The SKY is falling... the SKY is falling ... NO waite... the behind our back fence cottonwood tree leaves are falling ! :eek:

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
The SKY is falling ... the SKY is falling ... NO wait ... the cottonwood trees behind our back fence are droping their leaves by the bushel full ! :eek: Beekissed, here is your first in line of this season to rake them up and spread them onto your garden.:weee

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had two very windy, rainy storms pass through last week. I believe those storms took most of the acorns down for the year. YEAH!

Thanks to the Killer-Kat brothers (I don't have) there have been few sightings of chipmunks gathering supplies for the winter. I guess I'll sweep them up and toss them down in the woods for the turkey to enjoy. I certainly don't need all those acorns sprouting in place next spring for me to hand pull!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smoke everywhere, breezy and going to be in 70s. I have noticed a lot of spiders in the house. We have not had spiders since the big snow in I think it was the winter of 2009-2010.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother was in from Bonney Lake, Washington this past week. He certainly did take to the weather/climate there. A whole lot different from winter weather in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin where he taught high school until his retirement a few years back.