Your Weather

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
All the rain came in the last 10 days of the month, but July will be well above average in rainfall. We had another 1.6 inches last night. Today was perfect. Goldilocks and her bears would all have loved it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We always seem to be stacking hay on the hottest days of the year.
This year our timing was perfect. The only thing that kept us from heat stroke was the frequent hosing we gave ourselves between trailer loads.Today there's a steady stiff breeze that made it more bearable, and almost pleasant.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
we have gone into AC hibernation! :barnie
DW cranks it up too much, adds fans, leaves doors open, hides under blankets, and abandons me in rooms with ice forming on interior walls!! Excuse me, I need to put onmy wool socks ...

Today there's a steady stiff breeze
Uh oh. The Western Sky is filling with smoke ...

! Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sat night I noticed a friend sitting with her arms crossed over her chest. I said you look cold do you want me turn down AC ? She said no if I can borrow a sweater I will be ok

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel so silly. I carry a sweater with me when I go to a restaurant. I seem to be the only chilly one in the place. Then I go outside where it is 90 degrees and quickly shed the covering.

There was a time when I never got cold. I wore a light jacket most of the winter here in South-est, central-est Wisconsin.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dont know if i can handle this...:hitthe last couple weeks have been in the mid to upper 90"s. where all you have to do is look outside at you break into a sweat. you know what i mean a sweat that starts off slowly and a few moments later it's rolling down your face and then a torrent soaking your shirt and finally your shorts....
today they are calling for........83 :celebrate

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a huge amount of wind on Tuesday. Gusts above 30mph for hours and hours.

Luckily, it isn't quite as dry as last year ... and, as it's likely to be later this month. The fire evacuation has already been lifted for a large wildfire in Central Washington. Wind direction carried most of the smoke away from my immediate environment ...

It was breezy and at 54°f, cool enough I needed a second shirt yesterday morning! It felt like the heat had been turned on, returning to the house. The afternoon felt warm at 80° after the clouds departed and the wind finally died away. Back above 90° with 15% afternoon humidity, tomorrow - early August weather.

Steve

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@majorcatfish you have my deepest sympathy, 83 is nice:(? When it's 83 here and I look outside I break into a sweat, first my head, hair soaking wet and dripping down my back and it's all goes downhill after that. We had a very unusual summer last year with days on end in the mid 90's, those days I didn't even look out the window during the day, the blinds were all pulled, windows shut, all the ceiling fans were on and yours truly perched herself in front of the TV, we ate lots of take out. All gardening was done in the evening. It's all what you are used to or what your body can take. On the other hand when it's in the upper 40's and 50's I can work for hours outside without a jacket.

Annette

Latest posts