Your Weather

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think today is the first day rain is not in the forecast in the last two weeks. But it is so hot and damp outside. So nasty to mess with plants totally covered in water, dripping. Weeds love it. Stinky rotting things in the compost pile and chicken yard. One dry windy day would improve the situation a lot!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Being a Northerner, albet South-est Wisconsin Northerner, I must agree with @aftermidnight. I can now manage to work outside at 83 degrees (and 90+ humidity), but that's moving and working pretty slowly.

Thankfully, our spring gardening season begins with temps in the perfect working temperatures of the 40's or nothing would get done.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here in South Central Washington, are expecting a high of 83* with gentle breezes. Looking out of my office window I have seen the cotton wood trees' leaves starting to turn yellow for the last 2 days. Could we be getting an early fall ? :idunno

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
image.jpg
Let's just say completely miserable outside! Ugh

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amen, coco! Not a good day.

Ours yesterday was nearly as miserable. Not quite that hot, but the heat index was over 100. Spouse went out to work in that heat! I can't keep him from working short of sitting on him or handcuffs. Twice he came in with clothes I could wring the sweat out of. The second time I got him in the shower, dressed again, and then drove him around for another hour until it was time for supper.

The next three days through the weekend are predicted to be picture perfect summer days. I'm ready.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
While we were gone for three weeks, home had temps in the 100's, even as hi as 110. When we got back, 2/3 of my backyard had died. Two figs defoliated, pulled out three rhoadies, and more. Grass was brown. Turns out the battery died on the timer, due to the numerous power outages the town had. Grrrrrr.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
While we were gone for three weeks, home had temps in the 100's, even as hi as 110. When we got back, 2/3 of my backyard had died. Two figs defoliated, pulled out three rhoadies, and more. Grass was brown. Turns out the battery died on the timer, due to the numerous power outages the town had. Grrrrrr.

:barnie:rant:somad:tongue:hit:barnie

Latest posts