ɯnɹoɟ ʇsǝʇ

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am curious . . .

Do my Picasa pictures come thru when I link them like this? Or, does this just appear in my monitor because it's in my computer's memory?

carrot storage:
carrots%20in%20storage.jpg

I've never been able to figure out how to link to the Picasa album without using the "right click - view image info" then copy and paste. The Picasa "link to" doesn't work on TEG.

. . . and, my TEG upload gallery is nearly full :rolleyes:.

Steve
who doesn't want to be posting broken links and have people see nothing and be too polite to tell him he's an idiot.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can see your carrots loud and clear!!! And beautiful they are! Still holding up for you?

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
1) Yes, picture shows!

2) That needs to be a POW!

3) We're going to have some new options for more image storeage soon.

:D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, they should be just fine - was looking at those carrots just a few days ago. Think I'll leave them in place for the moment. It is supposed to be 4 tomorrow morning with wind chill to -10!

Winter use has been continuing apace. It is surprising how many carrots we can go thru; very close to our potato consumption. Perhaps that makes sense because they are often eaten together in stew and for every serving of mashed potatoes, there's probably a serving of buttered carrots.

Parsnips store well like this but are in a little bit of a hurry to start growing again. Celery root (celeriac) is also inclined that way but that stuff really keeps well in the fridge.

I know a guy who keeps his beets thru the winter like this and they do well. I love baby beets and work hard to make sure that I don't have many for storage ;). DW doesn't care for them either way . . .

I have wondered about cabbage wrapped in newspaper but haven't tried it. Stored it in my basement many years ago - only to find cabbage flowering stalks dang near shooting thru the floor boards after a couple of months
:ep.

Anyway, about the pictures: I cannot control the size of the photo this way. Picasa has all sorts of size choices but not when I just snatch the jpg file and post it. Using my Photobucket album is more useful here on TEG but I like the editing Picasa provides.

Yeah, these things will show up as white and ID'ed as parsnips in the right thread . . . no, I'm just being an idiot ;).

Steve

I am just going to stick this edited picture in here so it won't bounce back to the "Most Recent" list. Let's see if I can control the size with BBCode:

i think i screwed up . . .

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Collector said:
Maybe you can call it the Grapevine, or the Current bush

ETA. steve is that your own creation or a knockoff.lol
I love "The Grapevine" :)

Hey Steve, do you cover up those carrots with anything?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A nice big pile of pine needles - 8" to 12" deep . . .

Grapevine??

-- Click on the Telephone Dial --
(and turn your speakers on :cool:)

Steve's digits

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, the images come to me at odd moments, Mary . . .

-- Click --
(and remember your speakers on ;))

s'

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice pics and music. I think I will show the pic of the phone dial to my teenage girls to see if they can guess what it is LOL.

Latest posts