1St Day of Spring

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Happy Spring! Even though there's too much white left around here, it was a beautiful day - near 50, sunny, and the birds were singing!

@Wishin' - great shots of the spider!

I had a visit to the doc from a bite a few years ago, but we used to play with them as kids so I still think they are fun.
Now, if you are going to share photos of snakes, feel free to include a bigger warning... :hide

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haha, here's a good one:

1383707_10152323935941103_1767853417_n.jpg

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So, Steve. 12 months of gardening a year, hummm?
Interesting...
I would like to just be rich enough to just point at what I want and do my best John Luke Piccard imitation. "Make it so."

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, Steve. 12 months of gardening a year, hummm?
Interesting...
I would like to just be rich enough to just point at what I want and do my best John Luke Piccard imitation. "Make it so."
I have a problem with long flights. I have a problem with short flights but it is difficult for me to move after about 3hrs even in a comfortable position - unknown to the modern airline industry.

Round trip here to Hobart is just over $2,000. I haven't quite worked out the cruise scheme but it must be about a month, if connections can be made quickly in Hawaii. I figure as long as they can afford a little deck space for plant starts, it's all doable.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine who just doesn't go to doctors got bitten by a brown recluse. He and his DW treated the bite with a regime of essential oils, that she looked up and did some research about. He made a full recovery. They documented the whole process with pictures, which they put on their weekly newsletter. I think it took a couple of months, but there is almost no scar left. And the flesh didn't rot away, like it normally would.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, so lucky! I am all for natural remedies, but I don't think I would have had the nerve to try that! The idea of loosing large parts of my flesh- is just a little too scary for me! Great spider pics, Wishin! Winter definitely needs a good a kick in the snow balls, around here!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
NyBoy has this obvious tolerance for off-topic responses. I think it is spring but I'm seriously "under the weather" with this head cold. The soil here may be dry enough for cultivating but I doubt it. Whatever the case, it's raining (or, nearly).

Of course, the beds I dug out last fall don't need much more than leveling. I know exactly what has been going on in that ground the last 5 months, exactly nothing! Any plant that was buried green in October is still green today. Frost extended much deeper than I garden and the garden soil is just barely above freezing right now!

I've tried to stay away from my neighbors. They know about the cold, that the indoor growing is on track and they have expressed their support for another season of gardening on other people's property (GOOPP).

As you can imagine, this all falls far short of the ideal. Ideally, I would have just arrived from 5 1/2 months of gardening in the Lake District of Argentina. Yes. My greenhouse boy would have all the starts lined up in my warm and comfortable greenhouse this morning.

Steve

Last edited:

Latest posts