1st try at dehydrated tomatoes

mythreesons

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thank you Beekissed.

I was thinking of dehydrating it but I will have more then enough after dehydrating all the diced tomatoes..Thank you so much for telling me you can can it and for the recipe..

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Carol Dee, What you have done is wonderful. These look so good. I have never used dried tomatoes but will do this next year.

I can whole tomatoes, spaghetti and mexican sauce, and salsa and paste. I have none frozen. I have 5 dehydrators so I can do lots of tomatoes at one time. Thank you all for contributions here. I have benefitted greatly.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carlo Dee , you can 'test' to see if they are dry enough by turning the jar upside down for a day. Any condensation at all in the jar and they could use a bit longer in the dehydrator.

I dry cherry tomatoes cut into quarters - they're already the perfect size to add to stuff. :)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gleaned the garden the other day and decided to dehydrate the tomatillos and the rest of the peppers. They will sit for a day or so and then I'll vacuum seal into smaller bags.
9gLCbY2.jpg

eksP5dT.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just realized I liked a 2 year old post, but that’s a lot of dehydrating.

nothing wrong with that! it's nice to know you've been read/heard even if it is some time later. plus it may spark an interesting conversation or make me aware of some other interesting thread from the past... :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
nothing wrong with that! it's nice to know you've been read/heard even if it is some time later. plus it may spark an interesting conversation or make me aware of some other interesting thread from the past... :)
Yes, exactly right.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, what did you do with your dehydrated tomatoes? I didn't get any done this year, it was an off year for tomatoes, but I have a few jars left from last year. We love them in salads in the winter. I cannot and will not eat a store bought tomato. :tongue

Latest posts