2 pics of weeds or plants?

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
what does it look like now. you can see three different plants in the first pic. its not the same thing vfem had.

i really think its some kind of daisy. and if it is it may not bloom this season.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
no color yet, doesnt even look like a stem could be in the middle, i agree it looks like 3 different 'what evers' .. i took a photo, but really nothing has changed, the leaves are getting larger but thats it .. its kind of exciting ..

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Like beefy said, I think your first mystery plant is a type of Rudbeckia (Black-Eyed Susan).

I have Rudbeckia 'Indian Summer' at my place. The leaves looks the same only they are wider. Here in MI they stay small like that over the winter, then the plants take off and bloom the next summer. It reseeds very well!!! :) Here's a pic from this summer...(they are the yellow ones)

6546_dscn7512.jpg

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
beefy said:
awesome clump of butterfly weed and echinacea too
Why thank you. This is my crazy wildflower area.
Butterfly weed pretty much rocks. It grows along the roadsides around here...until a few years ago I never knew they made such great landscaping plants!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have that same thing growing here and there around the yard on its own.
Its a weed.
I grow rudbeckia and gloriosa as well but even though this plant looks similar its not the same.
I have left it on its on before to see what becomes of it and nothing, it just looks the same and you will get more of them.
They are not overly aggressive or invasive but they don't do much for the landscape.
My neighbor has them in his yard too.
I rip mine out.
If you did not plant it and you do not have any rudbeckia growing near it then I would say its the same weed.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
cwhit590 said:
Like beefy said, I think your first mystery plant is a type of Rudbeckia (Black-Eyed Susan).

I have Rudbeckia 'Indian Summer' at my place. The leaves looks the same only they are wider. Here in MI they stay small like that over the winter, then the plants take off and bloom the next summer. It reseeds very well!!! :) Here's a pic from this summer...(they are the yellow ones)

6546_dscn7512.jpg
:welcome

Wow cwhit590 you should make us a post showing everyone your pictures ! I might have missed this if I wasn't looking for your introduction in the posts; I found your Michigan post but I am not from there so best for me to leave that one alone, I am glad I followed to this post! Glad to have you on board! Awesome flower display!

Ron :bee

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
UPDATE: well i have left the first picture alone, hes grown lots, but still no color to him?? still so very soft on the leaves, and seems to have gotten bushier .. he is about 2 feet tall now, and it looks like the stems might bloom a flower but it just gives more leaves??

do you still think black eye susan (i am so hoping!!)

6271_100_1011.jpg

thanks ..