Reaction score
Here's my white pumpkins planted May 2012
8871_100_2289.jpg
8871_100_2290.jpg
8871_100_2302.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My volunteer pumpkins are looking more like giant gourds... Is there a contest for giant gourds?? I really enjoyed growing white pumpkins- I need to try them again.

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I don't even have a baby pumpkin yet. No idea what's going on this year. The females are dying on the vine and shriveling up even before they get big enough to open their flower.

No clue.

Oh well.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Add a little powdered limestone to the soil near the plant.
SuperChemicalGirl said:
I don't even have a baby pumpkin yet. No idea what's going on this year. The females are dying on the vine and shriveling up even before they get big enough to open their flower.

No clue.

Oh well.

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My "volunteer" pumpkin turned out to be a spaghetti squash, and my jarrahdale pumpkins didn't get very big, but they're almost ready to harvest.

I have a giant pumpkin plant that I planted about 3 weeks ago. We're hoping it'll produce something.

Our sugar pie baby pumpkins produced 2 itty bitty pumpkins only about 5 inches in diameter. Smallest ones I've ever grown.

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I was just going to post and get this thread going again...

How is your plant(s) doing? Any progress pictures of your contender?

I still have a big zilch. But that's ok. There's always next year.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I found four white pumkins growing ! but I am a little worry, the plant does not look good! , I could not find any pest, maybe mice chewing on the plant? or heat stressed. I will see how much longer it will grow !!

Emsevers

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My progress so far has been pretty slow. My giant pumpkin plant is HUGE but still hasn't set a pumpkin. There are plenty of female and male flowers so I'm just waiting for one of them to start growning. I have a sugar pie that's doing really well in comparison. I thought it would be really funny if I got a sugar pie that was way bigger than a giant. I'm still really excited and hoping to see a good size pumpkin soon.

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
desertlady said:
I found four white pumkins growing ! but I am a little worry, the plant does not look good! , I could not find any pest, maybe mice chewing on the plant? or heat stressed. I will see how much longer it will grow !!
What doesn't look good about the plant?

Despite mine being in a hoophouse it got all kinds of powdery mildew so it will be dead in just a few weeks.

Watch out for your sugar pie! You may have the winner!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The begining part when they started to grow looks like its dying, But the other half thats growing looks ok (green leaves) I could not find powdery mildew, I cant find whats wrong with it!, no vine borers in sight either , all I can think is mice might be nibbling on it. I just hope it will keep growing, because my pumpkins is now about 7 inches round! the others are a little bit smaller..

Latest posts