2012 TEG Giant Pumpkin Contest - weigh in by 15 October

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
UGH!!!!

I don't know if it was a kid or a cut worm.... but my pumpkin was removed from the ground on a broken stem. I found it on the ground about 6" away from where it was growing. *sob*

I have to start again. :/

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
UGH!!!!

I don't know if it was a kid or a cut worm.... but my pumpkin was removed from the ground on a broken stem. I found it on the ground about 6" away from where it was growing. *sob*

I have to start again. :/
]
\

cut worms dont move plants 6 inches away from it's stem....

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I got my pumpkins started, earlier this week. It's finally above 40 at night now. I only had 2/4 atlantic giant sprout, and 0/4 of my squash king. I'm kinda devastated over the squash. Oh well, there's always next year.

But spring is absolutely in the air here, and I'm finally able to put plants in the ground and not fear for their lives (much). The pumpkins should be able to go out in 2 weeks or so.

How is everyone elses plants doing?

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine are still in seed form lol, I am going to plant them next week end. I am planting Dills Atlantic Giant we will see what happens.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Out of the 4 seeds I planted, only 3 sprouted... and 2 of them on the same hill... the lone one looks a little sad... :/

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Here's my "fair winning pumpkins" as of 5 minutes ago - might have had a show king squash sprout today or else it just exploded from the moisture in the bag. Here's hoping it's the former. :fl

6992_fair_winning_pumpkins.jpg

:lol:

Latest posts