2012 TEG Giant Pumpkin Contest - weigh in by 15 October

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My giant watermelon seeds didn't sprout... in fact when I touched one it exploded in my eye a disgusting mixture of rotting seed and putrid water. It was great.

Hopefully we all have better luck than that, and I'm going to wait at least another week to restart seed. My grow box is filled with pepper and tomato sprouts right now.

ShortCircuitRanch2332

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Finally I can plant!! I've been going insane! a week and a half ago we had SNOW! in socal its been insane around here haha but the seeds all go in today!

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Lucky you! We're getting sleet today and tomorrow.

I haven't even started my pumpkin seeds (my watermelon ones rotted). I do have pepper and tomato seedlings though. They're looking good but outgrowing the grow box. Had them in a cold frame but it's 47 degrees in there now, not quite pepper and tomato weather.

ShortCircuitRanch2332

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I started a lot of stuff inside this year, I have 15 or so tomatoes, onion, cantaloupe,watermelon, luffa, peppers, pumpkin, I've lost track haha

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've got about 45 tomato seedlings. I grew some for BFs mom, who only wanted a few seedlings. I need to get rid of some. I'm waiting for CrazyNeighborLady to get back from church before going over there and trying to offload some more seedlings.

Then maybe I'll have room in my growbox for my pumpkins.

ShortCircuitRanch2332

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
haha that's great I love growing tomatoes they are delicious and fun, unfortunately none of my neighbors grow any thing legal so trading with them isn't an option LOL!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have 3 pumpkins sprouted. I planted some garlic in there with them as well. SUPPOSEDLY that is supposed to keep the squash vine borers at bay. I guess we will see!!

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ShortCircuitRanch2332 said:
haha that's great I love growing tomatoes they are delicious and fun, unfortunately none of my neighbors grow any thing legal so trading with them isn't an option LOL!
I hear ya there. The dead end road I live off of is pretty similar, the beginning of the road has some very questionable occupants that I do my best to not deal with, the latter half of the road is two pharmacists and an ER doctor. We're the ones growing legal plants and our front yards don't look like they've been mined to keep out the government. Mine, however, have been mined by chickens I love it when the missionaries come up here in their nice shoes :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My pumpkins are growing! Only a few leaves at this point.... but game on!!!! :lol:

ShortCircuitRanch2332

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
SuperChemicalGirl said:
ShortCircuitRanch2332 said:
I hear ya there. The dead end road I live off of is pretty similar, the beginning of the road has some very questionable occupants that I do my best to not deal with, the latter half of the road is two pharmacists and an ER doctor. We're the ones growing legal plants and our front yards don't look like they've been mined to keep out the government. Mine, however, have been mined by chickens I love it when the missionaries come up here in their nice shoes :D
LOL! thats it rite there, the guy up the road from me freaks out everytime he sees a cop car, and one day I was out in the yard and he came up yelling at me that I was shooting in my yard and his neighbor called the cops and said it was him (he has no neighbor) he said and I quote "I DONT WANT THE COPS AT MY HOUSE and if they how up again there will be problems" i said threaten me again and there will be problems rite now. its just terrible the kinds of problems ppl cause round here :/

Latest posts