2015 journal of the gardens

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
5/17/15
yesterday morning was very nice got out finished mowing and weed eating....
finished planting all the lettuce sprouts and planted more green butter lettuce seams it does not like to sprout in trays..
DSC_0001.JPG

amazing how 7 days the others have filled out..
DSC_0003.JPG

the joker lettuce..
DSC_0005.JPG

dug up the basil sprouts and tilled in a bag of black kow and re-planted them have 31...yup thats a lot of basil
DSC_0007.JPG

picked a radishes dang they are huge.. and tasty
DSC_0008.JPG

the other day we had a wicked storm come through the other damage was the potatoes no biggie..
DSC_0002.JPG

zucchini ready to start flowering ,you know what that means.. sauteed zucchini
DSC_0005.JPG

in the main garden the peppers and tomatoes are flowering.....
DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

to finish off a great day twisted my ankle not once but twice....
DSC_0004.JPG

now is that a goose egg or what...ohfg did that hurt, ok still does....
have had ice packs on and off all yesterday and today the swelling is almost gone, have a ave bandage wrapped on it now able to walk now..ok limp better.
thats what i get for not filling in those hole where the blackberries were..so next weekend will get a yard of topsoil to fill them and a couple other spots.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
ARRRRRRR!

I was gonna click the like button, then you showed us that ankle, Major'!

You don't have a video of you falling in that hole to post do you? I may have to unsubscribe to this thread ...

Steve ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden looks great Major! Your ankle - well, not so much. ;)

I tore something in my foot Thursday evening doing nothing much, just slipped off a slick root. Had to use crutches Friday and couldn't work, but lots of ice and ibuprofen and after taping it to death I was able to hobble around enough yesterday to get the tomatoes and peppers in.

We could start a Gimpy Gardeners Club!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gimpy?

Lifetime Presidential Candidate.

Other than care moving around, my problem comes trying to get some rest later. I sometimes feel like I've got an 8" hole shot through my left leg.

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden looks great Major! Your ankle - well, not so much. ;)

I tore something in my foot Thursday evening doing nothing much, just slipped off a slick root. Had to use crutches Friday and couldn't work, but lots of ice and ibuprofen and after taping it to death I was able to hobble around enough yesterday to get the tomatoes and peppers in.

We could start a Gimpy Gardeners Club!

yes advil and gel packs from the freezer and i have been very good friends since yesterday. just amazing how one wrong step can ruin your day<s> it's going to be interesting on how i handle work next week, might take awhile to get where i am needed..

glad you were able to get your plants in :) bet it was easy getting down to plant them, but getting up was a adventure in pain and 4 letter words...:duc

love the idea of the gimpy gardeners club..

you take of your foot ...:hugs

p.s. did get more carrots in the ground yesterday.....:plbb

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gimpy?

Lifetime Presidential Candidate.

Other than care moving around, my problem comes trying to get some rest later. I sometimes feel like I've got an 8" hole shot through my left leg.

Steve

You'll be our fearless leader Steve.. Do you think we need uniforms? Or will crutches and bandages in coordinating colors be enough?

For me, getting up and down isn't too much of a problem, in fact I get relief when I'm on my hands and knees. It's getting around on a bum right foot combined with the chronic problem left knee that slows me down.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A long-handled four-prong cultivator is a good helper.

I know the tool isn't unique to the group but neither are problems, now and then.

Getting some help from anti-inflammatories is great. There must be a point short of being unable to move when no exercise is advisable. I'm not sure I've ever found it! Spending some time gimping around has always been of benefit for me. There are injuries and re-injuries but I'm just talking about moving. And, it may as well be purposeful.

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
my my my this is not my week, picked up the wife from work turned down the driveway started to smell diesel parked the truck popped the hood,well <4 letter word>
after mopping out the engine valley fired it up to see where it was coming from holly crap it was puking something fierce, turns out one of the 4 high pressure fuel hoses bursted. nope cant drive to the mechanics, called for a tow truck they are coming in the morning to pick up and deliver my baby to him.

guess after 17 years something got to give,just real happy this do not happen out on the highway...

on a happier note last night we received 3/4" of rain....

Latest posts