2015 journal of the gardens

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The greenhouse cucumbers are coming on strong, so it looks like I will have to find some dill and dig out the BIG crock for making garlic dill pickles. This year I am growing a variety that needs no pollination, which makes it ideal for the greenhouse: Matilde.
Features:The perfect-sized cucumbers for making the delicious little pickles known as Cornichon pickles. ‘Mathilde’ cucumbers have no bitterness and can be picked when just 2" long. This is an early-producing variety with heavy yields making it a good choice for Northern climates with short seasons.
Uses:Eat fresh for a delicious and nutritious snack. Slice into salads, layer on sandwiches or toss with vinegar, onion and seasoning. Serve with dip on a vegetable tray.
jackb

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right. It's probably carrot juice.
Major, please share your frozen pizza top ramen zucchini recipe. Sounds weird but I'm up for it.

really... either way good eating...
top roman slice zukes into matchsticks and add while cooking
veggie pizza tomato or white sauce.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, I will keep trying to grow peas. I love them, either sugar snap or snow peas.

I know that beverage tastes great after mowing but what I don't understand is how can you people mow your hugh spaces in hot humid weather? I just wilt thinking about it!

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, you have a smaller-sized yard. It is easier if you can mow huge spaced sitting on the cozy seat of a riding mower -- especially, as someone mentioned -- with a drink holder. I fear I will be wilting soon myself. The repair shop says $1600.00 is needed to repair my Simplicity. Sigh!

DS just mentioned a friend of his will do it for cheaper labor if I buy a new engine. But, being cheap and having just had a "Eureka" moment when I found a Briggs and Stratton engine repair manual (2 hours ago) have been considering doing the tear-down/repair myself -- with the help of Maverick and Gypsy if they're interested.

Still, I can't go too long without mowing.

Latest posts