2015 journal of the gardens

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can read. I can follow directions. I can match pictures to objects. I have access to mechanic's tools. What else is there to be done other than to take the engine apart, clean it, and put it back together again?

Before you get too impressed though, Mary, remember that I am only thinking of doing it myself. There is a long journey between the thought and the achievement.

That being said, changing lightbulbs is gravy -- we did all the wiring for this house ourselves so e- doesn't scare me too much.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary my mower has a/c built in, long as you're going forward you have a 7.5 mph breeze plus shorts and a big straw hat help as well...:thumbsup ps no cup holder
my reward is when i get done doing the property..

@Smart Red depending on how old the engine is sometimes it's worth putting in a new one.

mine is 16 yrs old the mowing deck had holes in it decided to replace the deck mtd does not have them, found a new one on-line they wanted 1400.00...heck for 600.00 more i could get a new mower..but my truck wanted a little attention so it got a weld job, hopefully last another year or two....
if you can keep it running it's worth it.....

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
being old school have never peed in the garden before, so took some of yours advice a while back and went to town.....
DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

and you thought i would really do that in my garden.....:lol:
dw got out this morning before the humidity was unbearable and did a very nice harvest....
she portioned out the peas and froze them and the yellow beans we will eat, nothing like sauteed beans...
DSC_0023.JPG

Latest posts