2015 journal of the gardens

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Attack of killer tomatoes was funnier movie!!

come on down and enter the mator hollow....:hide from the voices i hear inside yankees dress out nicely to made great sausage....another great b movie.

name the movie...!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, thank you for letting me live vicariously through your garden pictures! ;)

I don't know what went on here in the days before weekly garbage collection, but I am always turning up shards of glass and pottery, rusty nails, broken toys, bits of metal such as springs and pipe fittings, etc. in my garden plot. I can't understand why people would have used their backyard for a garbage heap like that, just feet from the back door. There will be bits of things turning up from now until forever, I figure. :confused: I'd love to go barefoot in my garden, but it would be hazardous to my health.

Thistle, all of the squirrels around here must be in disguise. That is one critter I never see in my yard.

journey i know the feeling about garbage thrown every where, over the years was planning on removing the critter pile to place a gardening shed there, but last year did some digging , it's a garbage dump inside.. glass, metal, plastic, concrete.... lord who knows what else.... shot that idea down
DSC_0002.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
ran around all morning mowing,weedeating,watering,pulling weeds everything good to go ,dw will water the children while i am gone again next week.
finally filled pots for the squash and cucumbers,well carp no cucumber seeds. dw will order the seeds along with ordering more peas, dw thinks i am crazy for ordering a pound of peas..hummm now who's crazy since she has used half of what she put away. explained to her by ordering a pound we will have enough for fall/spring /fall.
had to pull the bird covering from the 3rd round of corn and planted 15 more seeds that did not make it, knowing darn well the birds will pull the sprouts took some stakes and flagging tape in order to deter the birds from landing...well thats what i am hoping for....:fl
DSC_0004.JPG

well that convict that tried the jumping over the fence, as the warren of the patch decided to go lenient on him since he never made to the ground.
DSC_0003.JPG

:woot
we have baby cantaloupes found 2 this morning....
DSC_0006.JPG

have been overlooking my only volunteer all season ... one san marzano tomato made through the winter where i throw some bad tomatoes last year...
it has mators on it...
DSC_0002.JPG

well off to do my expense report for last week......

oh by the that corn was down right sweet ask the dw on her days off to pick and can all that is ready...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Put'n me to shame once again. Great look'n . . . everything! Well, perhaps I have a spot that looks as good as where your San Marzano is growing.
with all you and dh have been putting up with i understand fully... :hugs

Latest posts