2015 journal of the gardens

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
nothing like popping a pod right there in the garden and eating them.. can't wait for the new queen watermelons to be done so i can start setting up for a fall crop, dw told me to plant more..
I'm guilty of eating more fresh than I've ever managed to cook, I just can't not eat them out of hand in the garden.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
7/31/15
after another fun filled week at the warsaw store.the dw did a very nice job watering again.. did find a few pest problems which was taken care with extreme measures....
the cantaloupe had squash beetles everywhere on them lost a couple runners, but boy have they grown and loaded. fingers crossed so that we get a couple melons...
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

the pole beans have been jumping ,but the j.p beatles still having sex and eating them..they got sprayed as well..
DSC_0007.JPG

the highlanders have gone to red.. a sweet red stuffed pepper sounds good tomorrow night..
DSC_0005.JPG

the bangkok hot oh may have turned red in a weeks time good time to dry the red ones....probability thats all we are going to need for the year...
DSC_0006.JPG

dw picked the tomatoes this morning very impressed with this type definitely a do over, maybe just as many...
heck what we do not keep , we will give away..
DSC_0002.JPG

have 1 white eggplant that has yellow eggplant on them, need to google that problem....otherwise they are slowing down because of the heat....
DSC_0004.JPG

the raised beds ....
the last minute crimson sweat watermelons are going for growth,no melons yet..
DSC_0008.JPG

the brussel sprout bed has double in size, and definitely you can see little sprouts of tasty mini cabbages...
going to move the fencing outside the blocks this weekend just to give them a little more room...
DSC_0010.JPG

the yellow watermelons picked 7 melons today,have another 5 to pick sunday....
DSC_0011.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
forgot to post how the flagging did around the new corn seeds....100% sprout rate..
DSC_0012.JPG

for the winter squash only found 3 that have sprouted so far. knowing us that might all we need...
DSC_0014.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
in years past have put up bird netting and cut it to size since been growing corn in the raised beds, but using the 4' plastic fencing works great once you find out that you need to reseed a few spots the flagging worked darn well this year. no place for them to land.....

Latest posts