2015 journal of the gardens

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, you would have gotten a big donation from me. I so wish I lived close by. What was the name of that eggplant you grew? Was this your first year growing it? Wonder if those high yields is the norm for it.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, you would have gotten a big donation from me. I so wish I lived close by. What was the name of that eggplant you grew? Was this your first year growing it? Wonder if those high yields is the norm for it.

Mary
they are called clara, i have not forgotten that you want 6 seeds......

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw asked how the note worked out.... 1 person gave 2 dollars and got 5 thank you's .
the thank you's meant a lot more to me.....

was brought up to always share and since i love to grow, love to share in the bounty that comes from the gardens....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
update 10/24/15

saw @digitS' thread on "what's left"
pulled weeds,raked leaves,and trimmed the grass in the raised beds..
DSC_0002.JPG

dw picked a couple freezer bags worth of peas the other day, might get 1 or 2 more out of there...
DSC_0005.JPG

pulled all the brussel sprouts this morning, just not worth watering them between the cabbage worms and leafhoppers both the sprouts and bok chio was not worth frogging with..
DSC_0003.JPG

finally pulled everything out of the main garden, so will finish up tilling and spreading oats and straw tomorrow and maybe get everything pressure washed to prepare to be put away for the season......
DSC_0001.JPG

heres something that blew me away a hat was passed around down at work, and during a company wide<our store> meeting, the g/m asked for me to come up she presented me with $46.00... this is from all of us here for all your hard work that you brought us this year to enjoy.
the owner walked in and overheard what was being said he match it... WOW TALK ABOUT BEING BLOWN AWAY.

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice to see your hard work and generously knowledged. How do you get your fence post so prefect ? They are lined up little toy soldiers. When I try to hammer a post in ground it is NEVER straight.
their generously still has me a little overwhelmed, did hear a couple comments about more melons....

as for my soldiers....plumb line and either a 4' or 5' stick to space them....not saying that they're all perfectly straight. have "agd" anal growers disorder. no mayham allowed in my gardens.....:lol: