2015 journal of the gardens

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am hoping that spring has arrived -- or at least is peeking around the corner -- but it is only early March here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin. Still -- the snow is melting, the water is running and I saw my first robin today.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish, your garden looks so good -- bare, but ready. Mine may look a bit like yours once the snow is gone. I did a lot of cleaning last fall.

Perhaps after Tuesday I will be able to start some seedlings and get a feel for this seasons gardening. I do have a Cyclamen flowering in the sunroom despite the recent 22 degree (F) accident as well as a flowering begonia in the kitchen window.

All the tuberous begonias are up and in soil since they were starting to get leaves. Hopefully they won't need repotting before I can get them into the ground this spring. Haven't dared check the dahlias, yet. I'm hoping that, without heat in the house, they are still resting in the coolest, darkest corner of the basement.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
mother nature thrown a wrench into my plans for getting the potatoes in the ground today hopefully tomorrow......
so sat down this morning and started the first round of seeds,
tomatoes...
marianna
sweet seedless
peppers...
intruder bell pepper
sweet banana
sweet cayenne
highlander hot
bangkok hot
eggplant...
clara white
lettuce....
rouxai oakleaf

and for dw friend that lives in an apartment started tomatoes for him.
patio
japanese oxheart
lemon cherry
blue berries sounds interesting so started a couple extra for here.
DSC_0001.JPG

in a couple weeks start the next round..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
since i have to play truck driver all next week, decided to get the potatoes planted
16 burbank russets
8 red
5 blue
DSC_0003.JPG

ordered from the potato garden last year, have to say was a little overwhelmed growing 15 lbs of seed potatoes. do not get me wrong had a great harvest but just did not a a good place to store them. so plant early and try doing a late season planting for a fall harvest as well. never know till you try.!

Latest posts