2015 journal of the gardens

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
thank you @Beekissed .....
give everyone a white vinegar bath, usually don't but with all the rain.....with halloween coming up anyone up for bobbing for bell peppers?
DSC_0003.JPG

i hate this garden tub but it does come in handy at times....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know those tubs HD & Lowe's sell for mixing concrete?

Those are handy early in the season for watering flats. Having another one to wash veggies on the lawn makes it so I don't have to bleach the first.

The things are the size of a small wheelbarrow, tho. No way that I can carry them with any water in there but they are handy otherwise.

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know those tubs HD & Lowe's sell for mixing concrete?

Those are handy early in the season for watering flats. Having another one to wash veggies on the lawn makes it so I don't have to bleach the first.

The things are the size of a small wheelbarrow, tho. No way that I can carry them with any water in there but they are handy otherwise.

Steve
steve i am talking about the bathtub, biggest waste of space in my bathroom. great for giving the girls a bath when they were puppies now they just walk into the shower for their bi- monthly bath... the blue tub i had to bleach and scrub before using...

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:gig At least now it's truly a "garden" tub! Good use for it. :clap

My Mom has one of those huge tubs and has never used it....takes too much water to fill the thing, so she just uses it to store toilet paper, her scale, etc.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
10/11/15 update....
the main garden is coming to an end...
finally removed the green bean trellis, sure getting bare in there..
sometime today will coil and tie up everything so i can pressure everyone before putting them away for the winter...
DSC_0003.JPG

yee pee the eggplant is done for the season.... those were some producing plants..
DSC_0012.JPG

the pepper plants are another story, here it is mid oct and they are still going strong ... for hot weather plants they are digging this cooler weather...
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

just a quick shoot of the raised beds..
DSC_0014.JPG

whats a post without carrots and yes going to plant more today...
DSC_0008.JPG

of course the peas...
DSC_0005.JPG

the one plant i have not reported on all season....the kiwis... definitely going get them picked before any frost gets them this year, was sad to lose all of them last year.
DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

well off to the gardens.....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck out there, Major'! Happy for you about kiwis and all.

My pepper plants came right through the frosts, untouched!

They don't seem to be doing anything - except ripening.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I still have blossoms on my tomato and pepper plants. Can't pull them up when they are still trying so hard to make me happy. But today is the day to dig sweet potatoes, so I'm heading outside now to see about that. Hope I don't run into any Black Widows this year. :fl

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Experiencing pure coveting over your rich, black soil and the beauty and health of your plants!!!!! :th :th :th It looks like you could plant dimes and grow dollars in that soil!!! :love

Will start the general garden cleaning this next week here as well. Only, this year it will be much, much easier in some ways and a little labor intensive in others. New method, new fall chores.

Latest posts