2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So far I haven't participated in your bean renewal program because of that darn border problem, getting beans back to you is dicey. I clicked on the link given above and it works perfectly fine for me, using Firefox on a Mac if anyone is interested. Some really interesting looking beans there, I'm having to slap my fingers :).
Annette.
The more the better right?

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got the amended stylsheet loaded to the server this morning. I think all versions of IE should be good. My IE renders the network pages on my desktop fine and when I connect to the site on the internet the page looks the same.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah that darn border problem. I don't know what the problem is. They are beans not some dangerous chemical or nuclear material. I would think that by now everyone has the same diseases where ever Phaseolus Vulgaris has been grown. I don't think my beans are diseased. As far as weed seed goes my samples are as clean as a whistle, and there is not even any pod chafe present.

Yes the more growers the better. I think I might have to invite the people on a couple of gardening groups that I'm on on Facebook to this thread. Have to see if they will join us and become growers and renewers of these beans. I know there is a bunch of them that love beans.

Last edited:

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A great resource, @Bluejay77! I am on a Mac running OS 10.10.3 and the latest versions of several browsers.

Firefox 39.0 renders the page a bit weird at 100%. The text accompanying some of the images is to the right of the image and sometimes flows below; for others it is completely below. This is true for both pages. Here is a small screen shot that shows this so you can see what I mean:
Bluejay77.jpg

If I zoom in, the issue corrects itself across the page. Chrome 3.0.2357.130 did the same for me at 100% setting. Safari 8.0.6 rendered the page correctly with text below each image at the default settings.

I am guessing that you set up a table with both an image and associated text in the same cell? That way, if there is space next to the image, the text can be displayed differently. If you alternate a row of centered images with the next row as centered text, then this should not happen and everything should stay in alignment.

The pictures do load a bit slowly as they are high resolution images that are displayed small rather than true thumbnails. I don't know how you manage your images but if you used a service like Picasa you can get separate code for thumbnails as well as higher resolution versions without affecting the original file. It is nice to have higher resolution images available, perhaps by link to the thumbnail image. That would improve page performance.

Just a few observations that I hope will help you improve these really great pages!

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have an old Netscape browser renders the pages the same way. I don't know what version of Firefox I have but it renders my pages just the way I intended them to look.
I did create two boxes across the width of the page. One on the left of the page and it ends in the center the next box starts in the center and runs across the remainder of the page. each of those two boxes contains 4 boxes nested inside. Then I simply repeat the configuration down the page to hold as many images I need. The images are at the top of each of the nested box and text centered undeneath the images. I sized the images as large as I could to take up the entire width of each of the 4 nested boxes. So I am surprised that sometimes the text flows around the images. Could be just the version of the browser the way it renders the page. Not sure how to fix this but I do have an idea to try.

So sometimes I not only have problems growing the beans, but making the pages to display the beans.

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The table of names and images is displaying perfectly in IE9 for me now. Pics are still loading slowly. Oddly, they load much faster in Firefox. The table looks great in Firefox too for me now, but the opening paragraphs are still fuzzy. Never seen it do that before.

But anyhow, I'd not let a little computer aggravation stop me from oogling bean pics. :) We are really delighted that you made a whole section of your site just for us and once you get through the bother of tweaking things, I hope this will really make the operation of the bean network much more convenient for you. :thumbsup

On a side note, Lazy Housewife and Aussie Purple King are off and growing well in the garden now. I planted all of the seed for both and had pretty good germination, ended up with 5 plants of each. All of this rain we are having, they should be well up the pole by this time next week.

ETA: Welcome to TEG, @guardlobo :frow

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just noticed you've made your first post. Gotta welcome you to The Easy Garden, @guardlobo!

So, one post and we know you like beans. What other plants get you excited? or discouraged? What's your garden situation like? Most important, where in the world to you call home?

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi @PhilaGardener,
I fiddled with the stylesheet and uploaded it again. Let me know if that fixed the problem with text flowing around to the right of the bean images.

:thumbsupLooks great now, @Bluejay77 ! The changes you made seem to have addressed the issue so it now displays with the text below each image.

Really nice to see all those beans!