2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went to a Microsoft site that said download of IE 11 for Windows 7, but it wouldn't install because the site said IE 11 won't work on Win7. So it gave me the option of downloading IE 9 and that wouldn't download because it tells me IE 9 is already installed on my machine and I can't access the network pages with this version of IE on this version of windows.

So anyway @Ridgerunner how do the pages look with your IE. Anything look out of place or wacked out of shape?

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok What do you fellows basically think of this idea? This thread is still our meeting place to share conversation and photos of our gardens and things that are happeing currently with the beans we grow.

What operating systems does everyone use?

Reactions: Hal

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now the part of the server where my website resides that allows me to upload updated files won't let me connect. I can view the website, but can't update data.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So far I haven't participated in your bean renewal program because of that darn border problem, getting beans back to you is dicey. I clicked on the link given above and it works perfectly fine for me, using Firefox on a Mac if anyone is interested. Some really interesting looking beans there, I'm having to slap my fingers :).
Annette.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like this will save you a little work in the long run and be easier for you to keep your grow-out list current. I think it's a great idea.

I use both Firefox and Internet Explorer on my PC running Vista. The page layout comes out nice in IE, but Firefox really butchered the alignment of the pics and names. It also shows the opening paragraphs so fuzzy you can't read them. It was legible in IE though. I use Firefox by default and the rest of your website operates fine with it all of the time.

Did anyone else find the pages loaded very slowly? In Firefox, the pics at first showed up huge--way bigger than my screen, then it eventually shrunk them as it loaded. I am on a 30 MB DSL connection which usually makes everything fast, so the bit that might be useful info for you, Russ, is that maybe all or some of your bean pics on that page are in their full-sized original versions possibly?

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok, I hadn't been to your website for awhile, using Safari the pics were all in the right places but the longer descriptions weren't complete and as I scrolled down it was slow and jerky.
On Firefox things were a little wonky, the right edge of the 4th picture in the rows were outside the black border. Again the longer descriptions were cut short but scrolling down the page went smoothly.
Screen shot 2015-07-06 at 10.49.16 AM.png
The link you gave for the new grow out list worked fine. I'm on a Mac laptop. By the way it looks great.
Annette

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was messing with the stylesheet but couldn't get it loaded with the changes. The server says it's got me locked out. I'll try to see what I can do with the site tomorrow. Different browsers on different windows versions can render a bit differently. I'm sure most of the regular bean pages A-Z are fine on most browsers I've seen. My main concern right now is getting the two Network pages to look straightened out. Bean Photos on top and name in blue centered underneath the photo. Then plant type in black under that centered then year grown if known in black under that centered.

I think this will save some photo taking each year. I'll just post the the start of the Network each April with the page address typed in the opening.

Last edited:

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My browser is not loading the descriptions, and some of the page formatting is odd, but readable.

I like the idea of the new site. Hoping to get at least 2 of the four varieties I grew back to you in a few months.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've checked the site on the internet with Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, And my IE 9. The site renders perfectly on those browsers except IE 9 where the lines of bean photos on the Network pages are shifted a little right of center. I'll try loading the amended stylesheet tomorrow and see if IE will straighten out.

Pages can load slow on the Network pages because those are a lot of images. Makes no difference what size my original photos were. The stylesheet says they are supposed to be just so high and so wide.

If on bean pages A to Z the description flow under the photos below them. Check your zoom level on your browser to see if it's over 100%.

Latest posts