2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @VA_LongBean,

If that's the case you should get a notice in the mail soon. The yearbooks are mailed out in late January to early February. You can write to abe@seedsavers.org or his direct phone line 563-387-5640. Abe takes care of the mailing of the yearbook. Check it out and make sure your membership is not lapsing.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 I got the beans you sent! They are in my seed bucket waiting for spring. I will set them up on a trellis and give them the opportunity to climb, since we don't know if they are bush or runners. Thank you, I'll give it my best in the spring!

NancyJ10x

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Russ - I have been shelling out some of my earlier picked beans and I found some Fanoman beans. No wonder they weren't producing later. They had done their thing before our heat & drought hit! I will get them in the mail to you but probably after Christmas.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @baymule,

Glad you got the seeds. Now you can plant right at the beginning of the time when it's right for your climate.

@NancyJ10x,

That's wonderful news about the Fanoman. It's not lost after all. When the seeds arrive I will take a photo of the fresh beans and post them to the Little Easy Bean Network pages on my website. They will be on the third page.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder how Hal is doing down in OZ. He's in his summer season now growing his gardens and beans. He's probably been planting beans since sometime in September. I hope he will stop by here at this thread and post something once in a while. Maybe he will have some neat bean seed photos to post when it's our spring time up here in the north. By that time I will probably have put up the new Little Easy Bean Network Thread for 2016.

Lori B

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So glad to find this forum. It is so interesting reading all these posts related to beans! I love it!

I am looking forward to growing some of the beans I bought from Russ Crow last year. I look through his collection and just drool!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Lori, :frow Glad to have you growing with us. How long have you been collecting beans?

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Lori B,

Welcome and glad you found us. This is the place where some of the bean monsters meet. I don't want to give your identity away, but I'll figure out who you are eventually by sifting through my records of everyone I've sold beans to. I know I'm nuts, but it's a healthy sort of disease. Hope you will post things about your bean growings. Photos of your bean gardens and seeds. More fun the bigger the party gets.

Latest posts