2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Lori B , I plant a row of sunflowers near my beans in 2 week successions so they are constantly blooming. Those big ol' mason bees would much rather have an easy-access sunflower than your bean blooms. There are shorter sunflowers from 2-5' tall available that won't shade your pole beans either. I plant zinnias and a few other flowers in the garden too. They're a beautiful addition to the garden and have a long bloom time.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 Haven't got them yet if you did they might still be in the mail, if I haven't got them in another week you most likely didn't send them, I'll let you know. Do you want those Lazy Wife beans sent now, I could do the fingers crossed, hold your breath thing, or should I wait until fall when I send your beans back to you. You were going to send me another pole variety to grow out for you, your choice, does that twig your memory :).

Annette

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
hi @aftermidnight,

No my memory is not twiged unfortunately. Will wait and see if something comes to you in the mail. Maybe it will be a good idea not to send the Lazy Wife beans until the fall seed returns when you can do everything at one time. I'll send you a import form in April.

Last edited:

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 OK I'll send them along in the fall with the other beans :). I'll give the Witsa another week, if they aren't here by then I'll get back to you. There's lots of time, it's not bean starting time for another couple of months. The last few years I've been starting most of my beans in the greenhouse, giving those longer season ones an early start.
Annette

NancyJ10x

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Russ - The Fanoman seeds are on their way. I'm excited about growing more next year. I've been researching the list of next years beans. Can we send you a list yet of the beans we are interested in growing?

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @NancyJ10x,

You may send me a list of beans you would like to grow this coming summer. I am on winter break now and will send out the seeds after the 1st of April. If you send your request to my email address upadam@comcast.net. I will place your email in a special folder on my email server and right now your request will be filled first when I start sending out seed again.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 the bean seeds haven't arrived and as I have never had any trouble getting any kind of seeds sent from the states it looks like you never got them off to me. So, if you send the Witsa and another 'pole' bean of your choice I will gladly grow them out for you.
Annette

Tricia77

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi my name is Trish. I'm new to this forum. It was recommended to me by another member. How do I join in on the 2016 Little Easy Bean Network?

Latest posts