2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule,

I took a look and signed up on Back Yard Herds, but didn't post anything since I thought it was more about animals than gardening. However I did sign up on SS also and liked the Sufficent Self site so I created a thread called "Join A Bean Network" on a forum called "Gardening On Your Homestead". Will see how this goes. Perhaps when I get the Network link on all the A Bean Collectors Window website pages that might get some more action too. Be nice to have 75 to 100 growers.

NancyJ10x

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear the Fanoman seeds arrived safely. I'm looking forward to next year and praying for no flash floods!

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok @VA_LongBean,

Will see what gets taken and grown this year. If all the outcrosses are not grown out this year. Then I will do another germination test next year and see what is viable then in 2017.

I think this year I am going to have more of my backyard lawn taken out and have a landscaper dig out the clay soil and haul it away for more garden space at my house. I will replace the clay soil myself with a top soil that Walmart sells called Earth Grow top soil. I have used this before and I have grown some great beans, tomatoes and carrots in this soil. Cheap too $1.25 for a 40 pound bag. Kind of a sandy well drained mix of soil.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule,

I took a look and signed up on Back Yard Herds, but didn't post anything since I thought it was more about animals than gardening. However I did sign up on SS also and liked the Sufficent Self site so I created a thread called "Join A Bean Network" on a forum called "Gardening On Your Homestead". Will see how this goes. Perhaps when I get the Network link on all the A Bean Collectors Window website pages that might get some more action too. Be nice to have 75 to 100 growers.

The BackYardHerds forum has a lot of active members and a lot of them have a garden. With your permission, I will start a thread to direct members to your new 2016 Bean Thread. Sufficient Self is not as active, but it is a good site for gardening too. I'll go find your thread on SS. Hope you can get a lot of growers!

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello @frustratedearthmother,

Welcome and I think you will enjoy being part of our group of bean crazy people here. If you have even the slightest tendency towards a bean addiction this group will enhance it.

Hope you will enjoy reading the bean threads I have started. The 2014 and 2013 threads can be spotted easily by my two beans avatar.

We will get started on the new bean growing season shortly after the 1st of April 2016. Be sure to check into the new thread at that time.

Latest posts