2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @Tricia77, So nice to have you here on our bean thread. Yeah ! Another bean person. The family grows. Yes we are enablers. Your disease will progress more under our care. May your days grow beanier and seedier as time goes by.

I think you are the Tricia that got those Smith River Super Speckle beans that were very outcrossed. Am I correct?

Hope you will enjoy reading the 2014, and 2013 threads also. I think you will quickly see what we do here. The older threads are easy to find with my two bean avatar showing in the list of threads. Philagardener put links to the 2014, and 2013 Little Easy Bean Network threads on page 64 of this 2015 thread.

Last edited:

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh by the way @NancyJ10x,

I got the Fanomen seeds from you last week. They are beautiful. I think that was out of Marshall's collection. Many thanks for a superb job on growing lovely seed.

Tricia77

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi @Tricia77, So nice to have you here on our bean thread. Yeah ! Another bean person. The family grows. Yes we are enablers. Your disease will progress more under our care. May your days grow beanier and seedier as time goes by.

I think you are the Tricia that got those Smith River Super Speckle beans that were very outcrossed. Am I correct?

Hope you will enjoy reading the 2014, and 2013 threads also. I think you will quickly see what we do here. The older threads are easy to find with my two bean avatar showing in the list of threads. Philagardener put links to the 2014, and 2013 Little Easy Bean Network threads on page 64 of this 2015 thread.
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes I am the one with the off Smith River Super Speckle seeds.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @Tricia77,

I'm surprised the Glen Drowns at Sandhill Preservation sent you seeds that had such a variation among those seeds and called them SRSS. Anyway if you wind up doing a grow out of at least two bean varieties for the Little Easy Bean Network you have a choice of taking a free bean from my website. You could get some more Smith River from me this way if you like. To see all the beans that are up for growing go to http://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/network

I won't be sending out any of this seed until after April 1st. However you might like to try deciding which ones you want to grow if any at all.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 a quick question, looking at your bean pictures when it says seed is currently unavailable does that mean you don't have enough to send out or you don't have them anymore? Just wondering as I'm pretty sure I have Tanya's Pink Pod ferreted away somewhere :).
Annette

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's neat to see some of my beans on there.

For some reason a lot of the beans on page 3 did not show up, the ones after Portugese Red. It could be something to do with my browser or something but I'll mention it in case somebody else is having the same problem.

I've made my preliminary selections, 2 bush, 2 pole, and 3 unknown but I'll wait for you to start the new thread to make it official. I just might change my mind on a few between now and then.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 a quick question, looking at your bean pictures when it says seed is currently unavailable does that mean you don't have enough to send out or you don't have them anymore? Just wondering as I'm pretty sure I have Tanya's Pink Pod ferreted away somewhere :).
Annette

Hi @aftermidnight,

Seed Currently unavailable is usually because the seed quantity is so very small. However in the case of Tanya's Pink Pod I keep pushing off growing it because I seem to have something more pressing to fill my spaces with always. I should send you some of that seed and let you grow it out. You could send back some new seed. I've never seen what the pods look like. Maybe you could photo them and put them up on the LEBN thread later in the year. I purchased the seed from Annapolis Seeds in 2012. I'll bet the seed will still grow. I'll send you half of the packet and you can give it a try.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's neat to see some of my beans on there.

For some reason a lot of the beans on page 3 did not show up, the ones after Portugese Red. It could be something to do with my browser or something but I'll mention it in case somebody else is having the same problem.

I've made my preliminary selections, 2 bush, 2 pole, and 3 unknown but I'll wait for you to start the new thread to make it official. I just might change my mind on a few between now and then.

Hi @Ridgerunner,

Now on page three of the network beans. Only the first 3 lines of photos are there. The rest of the page is just empty spaces where it says "image of beans" in all those little squares. So is that how it looks on your browser. You might not be having any trouble at all. Portugese Red is the last photo on line 3.

Last edited:

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi @aftermidnight,

Seed Currently unavailable is usually because the seed quantity is so very small. However in the case of Tanya's Pink Pod I keep pushing off growing it because I seem to have something more pressing to fill my spaces with always. I should send you some of that seed and let you grow it out. You could send back some new seed. I've never seen what the pods look like. Maybe you could photo them and put them up on the LEBN thread later in the year. I purchased the seed from Annapolis Seeds in 2012. I'll bet the seed will still grow. I'll send you half of the packet and you can give it a try.

@BlueJay, no need to send yours I have some, pretty sure they're in the fridge. I bought them from a different source than you in 2014, I'll find a spot to grow them, probably in my neighbors veggie patch LOL. I'll take pictures of the pods and the seed when the time comes and send you some seed back when I send the others.
Annette

Last edited:

Lori B

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
@Bluejay77, I would like to grow out "Passage To India" and "Woodruff", if they are still available. I would love to do more, but want to make sure I am successful first. Thanks.

Latest posts