2019 Garden Tour

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Clark County ( Wa . ) Garden Tour selection committee just left from inspecting our garden ... they asked me to be a host garden participant for this year's garden tour. They will send a photographer in late April to take photos for publicity for the tour in July. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
By your frequent description of all the damage caused to your garden by cats, gophers, and vertmicilluim wilt, etc. etc. I had the impression that your garden looked like a war zone. :rolleyes:
Of course with no pictures it's kind of hard to tell.
Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
By your frequent description of all the damage caused to your garden by cats, gophers, and vertmicilluim wilt, etc. etc. I had the impression that your garden looked like a war zone. :rolleyes:
Of course with no pictures it's kind of hard to tell.
Mary
YES , Mary .... curently, my garden does look like a war zone. That is one reason that the garden tour representatives were impressed with my garden to show tourists what can happen to their gardens and how to deal with it since no-one else is willing to show the bad just only the good. I gave the tour reps reams of information on the wilt and they agreed for me to give out information to the tour group regarding it. I however, did show the good success for 3 prior years and recently , I have purchased hundreds of $$s worth of 5 types of ferns from the world wide non- profit fern group - Hardy Fern Foundation ( you have to become a member in order to get their advice as well as to purchase ferns from them ) I also purchased ferns as well as other plants from Tsugawa ( Japanese ) Nursery in Washington. I will start to replant next Sat.with a group of new master gardener volunteers, if the weather co-operates and keep plants and photos of them and others to show the tour group what can and did happen so that they are aware of the pitfalls . :)

Latest posts