2019 SEED CATALOGS!!!!

GypsyG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I LOVE Baker's Creek! When I lived in CA I was close enough to their Sabastapol seed bank location to drive there and pick up seeds, and now where I live in Missouri is close enough to go to Baker Creek!!! I went to their spring planting festival last year and it was awesome. I was able to tour their greenhouses and gardens, and I tried out their onsite vegan restaurant (authentic CA hippie food in MO!!!). I'm really looking forward to attending their planting festival again this coming spring!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi GypsyG and welcome! I live in Alameda but go to Petaluma for my chicken feed cause it's so much cheaper. I like to stop at the Baker Creek store there but haven't been to their new location which is just a couple blocks away from their old place. Looking forward to checking it out come spring even though I absolutely do not need any more seeds!

I've always wanted to go their festival in Santa Rosa but it's hard to get off work when you're self employed. I don't know why they have it on a Thursday. Sure wish it was on a Friday when I'm closed. Oh well, one of these days/years.

Mary

GypsyG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi GypsyG and welcome! I live in Alameda but go to Petaluma for my chicken feed cause it's so much cheaper. I like to stop at the Baker Creek store there but haven't been to their new location which is just a couple blocks away from their old place. Looking forward to checking it out come spring even though I absolutely do not need any more seeds!

I've always wanted to go their festival in Santa Rosa but it's hard to get off work when you're self employed. I don't know why they have it on a Thursday. Sure wish it was on a Friday when I'm closed. Oh well, one of these days/years.

Mary
The Santa Rosa festival was awesome! I got to meet Michael Pollen there!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I LOVE Baker's Creek! When I lived in CA I was close enough to their Sabastapol seed bank location to drive there and pick up seeds, and now where I live in Missouri is close enough to go to Baker Creek!!! I went to their spring planting festival last year and it was awesome. I was able to tour their greenhouses and gardens, and I tried out their onsite vegan restaurant (authentic CA hippie food in MO!!!). I'm really looking forward to attending their planting festival again this coming spring!
I am so jealous!! LOL What a great opportunity! You will have to go, take lots of pictures and tell us all about it!

GypsyG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am so jealous!! LOL What a great opportunity! You will have to go, take lots of pictures and tell us all about it!

Most definitely! I plan on trying to get a booth there next time.

GypsyG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Vegetable seedlings, young rabbits, homemade soaps, salves, and tinctures... A bit of this and that. I think it's only $65 for the weekend!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Vegetable seedlings, young rabbits, homemade soaps, salves, and tinctures... A bit of this and that. I think it's only $65 for the weekend!
Is your participation covered on an umbrella "errors and omitions" policy ? If not it may just be prudent to buy one for yourself. My wife found out about it the hard way when another vendor had a lawsuit filed and the space provider did not have insurance . What followed was that each booth renter had to buy the insurance in the future and the price was more than what most venders made in sales. Please be cautous !

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Vermont Bean Seed catalog showed up. It's the first from the Jung's Seed group.

I'll be surprised to receive their R.H Shumway catalog. The 2018 catalog was a surprise when it came. I'd saved the previous one for several years. It was right at the bottom of the stack and there more out of sentiment than purpose.

Shumway's was that 50 year relationship, Mary was commenting on. Perhaps since it was purchased by Jung's 20+ years ago, the relationship changed. I guess if I haven't ordered anything from Shumway's in this decade, we must be sleeping in separate bedrooms by now.

;) Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since I save most of my own seeds, I contacted the companies I have respect for, and told them to save the postage & take me off their mailing list. The majority of the remaining seed catalogs eventually stopped coming, since I never order. I order from Baker Creek often enough to still get their catalog, though... which suits me fine, since it makes a great coffee table book. :D The only other catalog I get is from the Seed Savers Exchange, which they mail out to all members.

Latest posts