2019 Seed Exchange

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking everywhere for the petite snap greens, peas. Can't find them anywhere this year and unfortunately didn't save seed when I had them in 2016.

Does anyone still have them? Would be willing to buy a packet from someone!

this came up for the first link i found when searching:

they have them listed, i'm not sure they're available though. GL :)

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
they have them listed, i'm not sure they're available though.
That was Calvin Lamborn's site, the person that developed that pea but he is now deceased. His children were working with Johnny's Seed to clean up Sugar Snap and return it to what it is supposed to be (so sad when varieties get messed up). Maybe @Keen101 would be able to contact them through that page?

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those look like "Parsley" peas, which are widely available. I've grown "Purple Parsley", from Alan Kapular. Mice took a liking to them & destroyed several crops, so I haven't been able to save seed recently. If you would feel comfortable resurrecting 2010 seed @Keen101 , I'd be happy to send some.

Jack Holloway

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those look like "Parsley" peas, which are widely available. I've grown "Purple Parsley", from Alan Kapular. Mice took a liking to them & destroyed several crops, so I haven't been able to save seed recently. If you would feel comfortable resurrecting 2010 seed @Keen101 , I'd be happy to send some.
Peace Seedlings has a number of pea varieties and is run by Alan's daughter. She carries some of Alan's peas, and others she and her partner have developed, building on his work. Not sure if I can post a link to them or not. Their offerings are listed in blog. They do not have a web store, so snail mail and emails is how they work their sales.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Peace Seedlings has a number of pea varieties and is run by Alan's daughter. She carries some of Alan's peas, and others she and her partner have developed, building on his work. Not sure if I can post a link to them or not. Their offerings are listed in blog. They do not have a web store, so snail mail and emails is how they work their sales.
Funny you should mention Peace Seedlings... they are proposing a swap for two of my soybeans. I'll have to take a close look at their listings. I already have Sugar Magnolia, which I am very happy with.

Jack Holloway

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Funny you should mention Peace Seedlings... they are proposing a swap for two of my soybeans. I'll have to take a close look at their listings. I already have Sugar Magnolia, which I am very happy with.
They've been working on some corn varieties, you might like to try. Some beans too. Old fashion marigolds. You know, 3 - 4 feet tall. Have fun.

Keen101

Sprout
Reaction score
Parsley pea is not a snap pea and lacks the pp and vv genes. But thanks for the offer. I've requested a wrinkle seeded tl af parsley type from John Innes Center. I can just breed my own improved parsley type I guess.

Latest posts