1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Help for this member with her Peach tree - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

2019 Seed Exchange

Discussion in 'The Exchange: Buy, Sell, Trade, Giveaway' started by Michigan_Nick, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Apr 1, 2019
    Lady0bug

Lady0bug Garden Ornament

I would be interested in a fall swap or trade now for leftover seeds. I have lots of native flowers, annuals, and veggies. Twincitiespanda, Farmington library just started a seed library in twin cities. I might check that out and leave some goodies. MichiganNick I will send you a pm to see if you want some of my extra seed.

flowerbug and Michigan_Nick like this.
  2. Apr 1, 2019
    TwinCitiesPanda

TwinCitiesPanda Attractive To Bees

White Bear library also has a seed library! I haven’t checked it out because you’re only supposed to donate seed you grew in the last year (probably to ensure its viable), but I will maybe this fall/winter when I have something to add to the collection.

flowerbug, Michigan_Nick and Lady0bug like this.
  3. May 17, 2019
    AppleValley1

AppleValley1 Sprout

Well, if anyone is interested in a plant swap or bulbs swap while waiting for fall to swap veggie seeds, I have plenty of flower bulbs I would be willing to trade for other bulbs I dont have. I hope I'm in the right place to mention this. In a group I'm in on another site, we pick what size priority flat rate box we want to swap and fill it up with what the other person wants from our list. Here goes mine:
    Daffodil
    Red spider lily
    Mixed color asiatic lilies
    Mixed color oriental lilies
    Canna lilies(yellow king humbert, musafolia, musafolia grande, watermelon pink)
    Mixed color gladiolus
    Lucifer crocosmia/montbretia
    Freesia
    Amaryllis(red lion, apple blossom, johnsonii, Minerva, star of holland)
    Pink fairy lilies
    Rose bushes
    Mixed color daylilies
    Monkey grass(liriope spicata)
    Bearded irises(purple, white, yellow, burgundy, bi-colored white and purple, and others)
    Elephant ears
    Southern white swamp lilies
    Hostas
    Pink oxalis
    Paperwhites
    Crinum lilies(for other crinum varieties)

I think that covers all I have. Takes a lot to decorate 90ac.

Ridgerunner and flowerbug like this.
  4. May 17, 2019
    flowerbug

flowerbug Garden Addicted

wow that is a great list! thank you for the offer.

i would love one of each of the amaryllis as i only have the one kind here so far. even the smallest of bulbs is ok with me.

i'm leery of sending tulip bulbs from here to anyone that i've grown outside because of botrytis though. :( i have plenty of different kinds though if you are willing to risk it.

please let me know soon as the flowers are fading and i'd have to mark those i'd need to lift and divide.

i've already marked some different daffodils.

have tons of stuff too but no time to divide normally. will make the effort for trades though. :)

basically anything we grow here i am willing to trade because we usually have plenty.

see the website and pictures at:

www.anthive.com

alas, i don't have a nice list like yours and i'm stuck for time this morning. i need to get some beans selected now. also, i don't have pictures of everything on the website, but if you can say what you'd most likely be interested in... :)