2020 Little Easy Bean Network - An Exciting Adventure In Heirloom Beans !

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are now into our 8th season. There are many here just itching to get the new gardening season going. We hope if you are just finding this thread for the first time. You will find a great family of bean growers here and interesting conversation about beans. Some people have told me they have learned new things about bean growing that they didn't know before by reading through all the past threads. I'm sure this thread will add to that base of information. We hope you will decide to be a part of our adventure in beans.

For the uninititated as to how our network operates. I will refer those to my website www.abeancollectorswindow.com and click on the link near the top of the page marked "Network" in yellow text. If you have any questions after reading that page. I will be more than happy to answer any questions by emailing me at upadam@comcast.net.

This 2020 season for those making choices as to what beans you would like to grow out this season. I am going to open up my entire website for anything you would like to grow. I will not advertise this on my website. Only people who run across this thread or converse hear from time to time will know about that. I also have a priority list below of beans that could really use some loving care and protection. They have come from various sources. From overseas, and seed swaps. Some have been donated by some of our growers. A few of them are from a dear grower that we all miss Annette Barley.

Alice Sunhine
150 Year Old Cave
Barksdale
Barry Island
Bird Egg #3
Brinker Carrier - Pole Snap
Brazil Little Black - Semi Runner black turtle type from Brazil
Breck's Italian
Cades Cove
Canadian Dot Eye - Bush Dry
Cherokee Trail Of Tears - White seeded
Corn Planter Purple - indigenous bean
Duilius
Brown Lima
Geradi
Gorema
Potawatomi
Hemelvaartboontje
Imbali
Imbotyi Imswi - Only 13 seeds left
Jack In The Beanstalk
Kim's Italian
King Of The Earlies
La Vigneronne
Label
Larson Family Swedish
Lusaka
Luther Family Greasy Cornfield
Millenium - Black bean, Non glossy seed. Supposed to grow seed as large as a Pinto.
Montville - dry bean bush
Mountain White Half Runner
Mr. Tung
Mrs. Keeney's Pink - Only 15 Seeds left - Australia
Muffet
Nickell
O'driscoll
Old U.S. Pinto - A bean I received from a bean seed farmer in Idaho Falls
Pale Grey Lavender
Pink Tip Greasy
Fox Family Greasy
Algarve
Dule
Zenadaia Costavaia - Semi Runner
Pois Du Cap - Pole Lima
Pisarecka Zlutoluske - Hungarian Bush Wax, early
Potomac - Pole Snap
Rattlesnake
Rhine Family
Red Marbles
Roger Newsome
Rosa's Bean
San Antonio
Scarlet Beauty
Serrano - Only 7 seeds left
Skunk Bean
Shelleasy x Soldier - Bush
Star 2054 - Bush Snap
Starlite
Striped Bunch - Semi Runner
Sylvano's
Tan Six Weeks - Only 1 Sample of 9 Seeds Left
Timbavati
Venda - Bush
Volta - Bush

Last edited:

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
curious if this is actually just another version of the Adams Family Six Weeks as it is also a tan bean?

From the standpoint of seed color and shape they appear to be a bit different.

Tan Six Weeks
tan-six-weeks.jpg

Adam's Family Six Weeks

adams-family-six-weeks-bean.JPG

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Adam. I'd be happy to help out again. I'm no longer in Calif, but now in Medford OR, zone 8b. I can grow out two varieties of your choice. They will be grown in those large cloth bags, and will be segregated from my tiny garden and safe from the marauding deer from the golf course. Thanks. p.s. I'm not fussy, just glad to help.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Adam. I'd be happy to help out again. I'm no longer in Calif, but now in Medford OR, zone 8b. I can grow out two varieties of your choice. They will be grown in those large cloth bags, and will be segregated from my tiny garden and safe from the marauding deer from the golf course. Thanks. p.s. I'm not fussy, just glad to help.

How do you grow plants especially pole beans in large cloth bags? How deep are the bags? Is your growing medium actual soil or is it something like Miracle grow? Do you have photos of what that looks like? Do you place the bags in large pots?

Anyway give me a PM and tell me what your new address is.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is what I did for you in Angels Camp. I have very large grow bags. I put tomato cages around them. The beans were spaced 5 feet apart, separate from my regular tiny garden. Hubs put some deer fencing around them. We lived on a golf course there too. I used a combination of natural soil and purchased and home made compost. They were on drip irrigation. I believe this was in 2016. I don't have photos cus when I got a new laptop in 2017, my BIL failed to transfer any of my years and years of old pics over to the new machine.

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bluejay, I can grow for you Alice Sunshine, 1500 Years Old Cave Bean, King Of The Earlies, Mr. Tung and Rattlesnake. I have seeds of these varieties. If the crop is successful, I will send you 60 seeds each of them in the fall.
When you receive them, you will send me some other beans in return. Do you agree?

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bluejay, I can grow for you Alice Sunshine, 1500 Years Old Cave Bean, King Of The Earlies, Mr. Tung and Rattlesnake. I have seeds of these varieties. If the crop is successful, I will send you 60 seeds each of them in the fall.
When you receive them, you will send me some other beans in return. Do you agree?

Hi Artorius,

I will agree to that. However I should send you one of my USDA import labels and a package inventory list and an address label for the USDA inspection station in San Fransisco. Otherwise we are taking a chance of some customs person taking your bean package when it enters the country here, confiscating and destroying the package. I have had it happen twice. Sometimes we get lucky and sometimes we don't. You will have to wait maybe until December to get this label from me as I want to change the expiration date on the labels on my account with the USDA. The labels I have now will expire August 17. You won't be ready to send beans here probably until about November.

Latest posts