2021 Little Easy Bean Network - Bean Lovers Come Discover Something New !

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh i don't know who is that person! It would be great to get in contact if he would like to so. So far i couldn't find many people around, and when i look what's people growing they usually stuck with the same things., like Blue Lake for beans, Kent or Butternut for pumpkin.... I am trying to tempt them out of their comfort zone and try new things. I found not many people are really into the diversity in here, and this is very critical as we're losing mant varieties, especially local ones being forgotten and the ones already managed to get here are either scarce and hard to find or they are being forgotten as well in sheds, or jars due to no one is growing them anymore.

I am glad to find here as i really like to know more. And i had a quick look the previous posts it seems it is going on great knowledge in here that i would be really appreciate. I am quite newbie and my jpurney recently started and would like to know more. Never get bored talking about beans

there are all the previous year bean threads too if you are up for even more bean reading on a cold winter's night... :)

ZoeV

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Lets started then... Might not be as interesting as yours but still they are beans :D

Cherokee Trails of Tears
Cherokee_Trails.jpeg

Cherokee1.jpeg
Cherokee3.jpeg

Red Swan
I don't know why my Red Swan's pod doesn't look very pinkish in colour. Soil? Temprature? But one of the prettiest flowers
Red_Swan.jpeg

Redswan2.jpeg

Good Mother Stallard

Good_Mother_Stallard.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Fort Portal Jade - I just love the colour chages at its different stages from fresh to dry :D
View attachment 41149View attachment 41151View attachment 41150

if mine ever looked that filled out and nice i'd be hopping up and down in joy! my two surviving sprouts this year are looking very sad. i just don't think they like the heat and that's about all we've had and this despite me planting them several weeks earlier to see if we could get them some cooler weather. nope. the weather certainly hasn't been that at all... oops. still they are alive so we'll see what happens. :)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
if mine ever looked that filled out and nice i'd be hopping up and down in joy! my two surviving sprouts this year are looking very sad. i just don't think they like the heat and that's about all we've had and this despite me planting them several weeks earlier to see if we could get them some cooler weather. nope. the weather certainly hasn't been that at all... oops. still they are alive so we'll see what happens. :)
Fort Portal, Uganda is an odd place, and it shows in the beans. It's a hair's breath from the equator so the seasons are constant, but it is way up in the mountains, so the constant is sort of cool. It's sort of like the Andes; you get things that like the equivalent of a permanent spring.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fort Portal, Uganda is an odd place, and it shows in the beans. It's a hair's breath from the equator so the seasons are constant, but it is way up in the mountains, so the constant is sort of cool. It's sort of like the Andes; you get things that like the equivalent of a permanent spring.

permanent frost free spring... which we have about a week of at most it seems the past 10 years.

ZoeV

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:)
if mine ever looked that filled out and nice i'd be hopping up and down in joy! my two surviving sprouts this year are looking very sad. i just don't think they like the heat and that's about all we've had and this despite me planting them several weeks earlier to see if we could get them some cooler weather. nope. the weather certainly hasn't been that at all... oops. still they are alive so we'll see what happens.

This is the second year i've been growing them. The first year i planted them in spring and that year we had a incredibly hot and extreme summer and the bean hardly give any produce.. It didn't like our summer at all (I was thinking the opposite, as being an African bean, i thought it'll be ok with heat) This year i planted the at the end of the summer and they were so happy and producing through winter here.

Last edited:

ZoeV

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Australian Butter

This became a favorite this year. It's extremely productive, very hardy as seem doesn't effected any of the problems that my others beans has, (Yes we're in winter and it's still standing and even giving beans!) Also very tasty too... :D
Australian_Butter.jpeg

australianbutter4.jpeg

Australianbutter5.jpeg
australianbutter3.jpeg

Frost
Frost_Bean.jpeg

frost1.jpeg

Blue Nonna Agnes
Nonna_Agnes.jpeg

nonna1.jpeg
nonna2.jpeg

There's a funny thing about this one.. I didn't know the coat color changes color with temperature! The first beans i harvested (which grew in the summer heat) is not blue at all, not even close.. I did a second planting immediately just to see the difference. Those beans are not quite ready yet but i did a sneak peek and looks promising
nonna3.jpeg