2021 Margali's Garden

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the picture you posted it looked like it was already being used for grazing so the fences should be there, check them. it's a lot of work IMO. keeping the fences up, making sure they don't get overgrown, etc.

you say you don't have water rights, but what about a well?

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@flowerbug The fenceline is currently good enough to keep a horse inside. What I can see is 4 strand barbed wire. We will be on piped utility district water. Johnson County will not issue a well drill permit for our land. The city limits is the other side of the street.

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Plants are not liking the heat. I've been watering but today I had bright idea. Filled up a gallon jug and put mouth down into each planter with stick of firewood to brace it. Trying to replicate the delicate, tiny glass selfwatering bulbs. 20210620_142627.jpg20210620_142509.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a good idea. Hopefully soon y'all will have your own place, papers signed, it's yours, and you can plant them and start your farm.

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You know how I said financing was already approved? Apparently that was a lie.😡 AND... Eveyone says don't take out new debt while trying to purchase house/property. No one mentioned- don't accept your inheritance from your grandpa dying of COVID. 🥺

Spent all day Friday and today, trying to get loan processor to understand basic math, $54k > $49k. I've had downpayment and cash-to-close in hand since APRIL when I applied for loan!!! Extra funds recieved in JUNE from inheritance are IRRELAVANT!! :he:he:he Loan processor kept on insisting parents sign a letter saying they gave me "gift for downpayment" and copies of their bank statements!!:somad:somad:somad

After my parents calling her, my realtor calling her, and the initial loan saleman talking to her, we have a grudging response: "I am forwarding the documents your parents sent to underwriting team."

Here's hoping A. She actually did and B. The underwriting team can do math and read a calendar.🤞🤞🤞🤞I have till Thursday get financing approval or back out. Otherwise I loose my earnest money.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We went through 9 shades of he// when we bought this place-including thieves carting off the AC unit outside and furnace inside, ripping out the breaker box and stealing copper wire. It was a HUD repo, for $10,000 worth of damage, they took a measly $1,000 off the price. The finance people dragged their feet and we had to file 3 extensions, costing $320 apiece. It was a terrible, miserable experience.

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with this. It seems that finance companies and banks took lessons from the IRS on making people miserable.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know how I said financing was already approved? Apparently that was a lie.😡 AND... Eveyone says don't take out new debt while trying to purchase house/property. No one mentioned- don't accept your inheritance from your grandpa dying of COVID. 🥺

Spent all day Friday and today, trying to get loan processor to understand basic math, $54k > $49k. I've had downpayment and cash-to-close in hand since APRIL when I applied for loan!!! Extra funds recieved in JUNE from inheritance are IRRELAVANT!! :he:he:he Loan processor kept on insisting parents sign a letter saying they gave me "gift for downpayment" and copies of their bank statements!!:somad:somad:somad

After my parents calling her, my realtor calling her, and the initial loan saleman talking to her, we have a grudging response: "I am forwarding the documents your parents sent to underwriting team."

Here's hoping A. She actually did and B. The underwriting team can do math and read a calendar.🤞🤞🤞🤞I have till Thursday get financing approval or back out. Otherwise I loose my earnest money.

whut?! sounds like horsepucky to me... i hope it works out sooner though. hang in there! :)

Latest posts