2021 Margali's Garden

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So if you recall, there is an ag tenant currently on the land. The single paragraph lease between sellers and tenant said 12.9 acres for 1 horse grazing for $400/yr. It had NO clauses regarding responsibilty or lease is enforced if seller sells property. I wrote up a lease with all the Texas A&M recommended clauses for 9 acres grazing one horse. He flipped "how can you limit me to one horse" and said he was leaving.

Now he's called asking for 90 day extension to remove RV and horse. He said someone shot the RV in the radiator and he has to have game warden look at it.🤣🤣🤣 Guess he just found out RV storage is expensive and so are horse leases.🤣🤣🤣

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
$400 per year versus probably that much or close to it , per month. Yeah, Mr. Stupid shot his big mouth off……. Hello reality! LOL

I filed for ag exemption when we bought our place. It of course was denied. After a couple of years, we got it. I think you have to actually use land for ag use for 2 years to prove that you are really using land for ag. Mr. Big Mouth and his one horse saved you a 2 year wait. So it will be an easy transition to your own animals.

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The forms for Johnson county require a 5year history before getting Ag Valuation first time. To change ownership and maintain Ag Valuation just requires filing that you are doing ag activities. :)

I just got a MASSIVE deal. An enough beebhive parts for 3 hives with bee vac, nuc box, and suit for $500. Plus more if we want.🥳🥳

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! That is a great deal! I guess you will be setting up bee hives. They are agriculture too! You just got to sell honey. 3 hives will give you a lot of honey!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Try saving milk jugs AND the lids. You have a handle to tie to the plant/planter, you can poke holes at the bottom and it will drip out, but tied up it won't blow away. You refill as needed. Also, it is drip irrigation so the the water goes to the roots.
You don't have to clean out the milk jug well, either.

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I despise our loan processor! Since initial contract signing, dates have been communicated as survey on 7/15 and closing on 7/23.

I actually got the survey on 14th and approved next day. Property is 12.88 acres not 12.891. The amendment for sales price going down a couple hundred dollars was emailed to processor at 2pm on Friday 7/16. At 5:02pm, she emails underwriting can't make a close date of 7/23! 😤🤯🤬🤬😡🤬🤬

I already have things arranged based on 7/23! I need have land loan closed so I can close house loan and start utilities install. I need to have house contract closed before school registration ends August 10th. I need utility install done before we set the house. I really don't want to deal with setting up house etc during the first weeks of school. 🤬😡🤬😡🤬

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if my math is right that is a little over 479 square feet or about a 22 ft square. i can't think that for over 12 acres that's even worth quibbling about unless it is somehow affecting something else like an easement or utility access or something.

is there a property line dispute?

sorry, it's just a pain in the butt when complications come up. :(

Latest posts