2023 Little Easy Bean Network - Beans Beyond The Colors Of A Rainbow

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I clicked on your packet images. I really didn't do your packet labels the right way at all. I messed up big time. They have to be numbered and the number of each variety has to match up with the number for the same variety on the Package Inventory List. Wow I really messed up this year. Those labels I made for you are the ones I send for growers here on the U.S. side.

Here are images probably from last years labels that I sent to you. I wonder if you can erase the text for the variety names and put in the names you have for this year. If you need enough labels you will have to erase and insert new numbers or do you just want me to make up the correct labels and email them to you. You can print them out. Are you going to send all the same varieties that were on your request for this year?

I even messed up my quicky zip on these labels. should be 2797.

View attachment 62011
I'm sending back every network bean I requested - minus Botomi Georgia. There are only 4 packets that look like they were intended for a US grower - Zarganos of Zestos, Gray Mountain, Van Gogh's Olive, Turkey #1.

I can make packets for those however you want. Probably emailing new labels me is the best way, and I can print them and replace the others. I'm not the most computer literate person so I'm not really sure what you mean about erasing text?

You're right about the 27797 - that's on every packet insert I have. Does this mean we should re-do all of them?

Sorry, us Canadian growers are a real pain in the rear!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That would be ok to replicate those four labels with 10 seed quantity. They also have to be on the Package Inventory list if you can fix that too.
Good thing you mentioned that!! I would have overlooked that detail for sure.

I think actually I need to redo those packet inserts I just did. I see that all the other envelope inserts are set up different with a 'Shipper' and a 'Collector' , and also genus and species info.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry, us Canadian growers are a real pain in the rear!
Canadian growers are not a pain in the rear. No No No don't think that. You are wonderful ! I'm the one who messed up BIG TIME. I probably should be redoing all the labels and the Inventory list has to match too.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Canadian growers are not a pain in the rear. No No No don't think that. You are wonderful ! I'm the one who messed up BIG TIME. I probably should be redoing all the labels and the Inventory list has to match too.

Hold the presses! I think I just figured out part of what went wrong here with the labels. I'll pm you.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cresenjevec - Pole Dry. I think this might be a Slovenian bean. It always produces nice quality seed. Though only 3.95 ounces (111 grams) This summer was simply hard for a lot of varieties.

Delicous Giant - Pole Snap. I like this bean. It got enough water and grew like there was nothing wrong with this summers drought. That's because it was grown in my back yard. 12.65 ounces of seed (358 grams) This variety was the product of the Gill Brothers Seed Company of Portland, Oregon. Released in 1925.

Cresnjevec.jpgDelicious Giant.jpg

Cresenjevec - Pole Dry.............................................Delicous Giant - Pole Snap

Beanmad Nanna

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I got the bean from a Seed Saver Exchange member in Iowa. I had a neighbor that knew I grew beans and saved seed and this neighbor had asked me for a bean that was slender and fairly straight. So I gleaned through the listing of the SSE yearbook back in 2016 and came up with Fasold. That is the history of how and why I acquired the bean. I grew it for seed that year and then gave seed to the neighbor in 2017. They just love the bean like you do. I had also given seed to the dental hygenist at the dental place where I go. Again another strong we like this bean reaction from them too. The grower in Blyth, Ontario also likes this bean. I've taken seed to seed swaps and described the bean and sometimes nearly sell out what I have taken to those swaps. The SSE member I got the bean from listed Territorial seed as their source.

I have this book that I purchased from SSE called the Garden Seed Inventory and you can look up varieties of different vegetables and it gives sources for different cultivars. I found Fasold in an older edition of the catalog and the source given for Fasold was Thompson And Morgan seeds. You won't find it on their website now. I wrote to them on a contact form but when I click on submit nothing happens.
Re T&M - they are pretty rubbish at replying to questions even if you can get through to them. (Nearly a thousand years ago, I applied for exactly that customer queries help desk job when not long out of college. I think I blinded them with science and never even got called to interview - I've held that against them ever since. I drive past often).

Beanmad Nanna

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I got the bean from a Seed Saver Exchange member in Iowa. I had a neighbor that knew I grew beans and saved seed and this neighbor had asked me for a bean that was slender and fairly straight. So I gleaned through the listing of the SSE yearbook back in 2016 and came up with Fasold. That is the history of how and why I acquired the bean. I grew it for seed that year and then gave seed to the neighbor in 2017. They just love the bean like you do. I had also given seed to the dental hygenist at the dental place where I go. Again another strong we like this bean reaction from them too. The grower in Blyth, Ontario also likes this bean. I've taken seed to seed swaps and described the bean and sometimes nearly sell out what I have taken to those swaps. The SSE member I got the bean from listed Territorial seed as their source.

I have this book that I purchased from SSE called the Garden Seed Inventory and you can look up varieties of different vegetables and it gives sources for different cultivars. I found Fasold in an older edition of the catalog and the source given for Fasold was Thompson And Morgan seeds. You won't find it on their website now. I wrote to them on a contact form but when I click on submit nothing happens.
BlueJay & Heirloomgal,
I've had a response form T&M seeds and no more info!

<<
Dear Michele,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to advise that we do not have the information you requested. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.

With best regards,
Julie Brueton
Customer Service Team

Subscribe to the Thompson & Morgan YouTube Channel

----------

Name: michele francis

Query: Hello
for the attention of vegetable selection curator/buyer or company archivist

I would like to have more information about Fasold french bean to pass on
eg
date of introduction to your catalogue ( I think it is no longer there) & date of removal.
Any notes on breeder, introducer, and or parentage if you are able to pass this on. Any known resistance and adaptabilities. )

Regards
Michele Francis
>>

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just for the record everybody, it was ME who messed up the label situation, not @Bluejay77! It's all straightened out now thank goodness! :)

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
BlueJay & Heirloomgal,
I've had a response form T&M seeds and no more info!

<<
Dear Michele,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to advise that we do not have the information you requested. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.

With best regards,
Julie Brueton
Customer Service Team

Subscribe to the Thompson & Morgan YouTube Channel

----------

Name: michele francis

Query: Hello
for the attention of vegetable selection curator/buyer or company archivist

I would like to have more information about Fasold french bean to pass on
eg
date of introduction to your catalogue ( I think it is no longer there) & date of removal.
Any notes on breeder, introducer, and or parentage if you are able to pass this on. Any known resistance and adaptabilities. )

Regards
Michele Francis
>>
It was worth a try!! The mystery continues......

Latest posts