2023 Little Easy Bean Network - Beans Beyond The Colors Of A Rainbow

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
" I have too many" a worrisome squirm in the pit of my stomach - involuntary reaction when I read that :))

without freezer space and only so much garden space each year i can renew only so many beans even if i rotate. with new project beans coming along all the time eventually i have to thin out my collection and let some go. in the past it has mostly been brown beans and out-crosses which aren't that interesting to me that i can let go but after getting rid of a few hundred of those i still have too many. :(

the annoying thing to me is that i have no way to know what are duplicates or not. if i could do genetic testing of each bean and have things on file at least then i would be able to know if i have something unique enough or a duplicate. but at this point it is a daydream for a hobbyist like me.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Network beans
BB00A4C3-4374-4F82-B64E-6C7CB09576C4.jpeg

The 4 packets of 60
923A6091-9085-44CD-A38C-D1813969D69B.jpeg

Last edited:

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 all network beans are packed and ready to go, I just need to go out and get a proper sized box for them.

One question for you though - there are 3 or 4 packets you sent for returning beans were not split into the 10 in one 50 in the other system. These few packets all said '60' on the front insert and there was only one envelope for each bean variety? All the network beans I've ever sent back were always in two envelopes, one with ten one with the fifty. Are these envelopes meant to be like this so I put all 60 seeds in the one packet?

heirloomgal,

I just guess I forgot about the envelope for the extra 10 seeds. You can send 50 this year. I might have been so busy that things sliped my mind. The 50 seeds per packet still applies. They will either take out and discard the extra 10 seeds if you leave them in or if we get a nasty inspector they could destroy the entire package. So I would remove the extra 10 beans.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
heirloomgal,

I just guess I forgot about the envelope for the extra 10 seeds. You can send 50 this year. I might have been so busy that things sliped my mind. The 50 seeds per packet still applies. They will either take out and discard the extra 10 seeds if you leave them in or if we get a nasty inspector they could destroy the entire package. So I would remove the extra 10 beans.
I will make up some extra labels, they won't be near as good as yours, I only have that white printer paper, but I'll just copy your design. My [plastic envelopes are not near as good as yours either, but I don't think the inspection people will care.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
The 4 packets of 60
Wow ! I can't believe I printed those labels with Seed Quantity of 60. Where was my dense head that day? @heirloomgal you grow such pretty seed take out the 10 seeds. Don't waste 10 seeds like that. The USDA will just throw them away or destroy the entire shipment. Change the quantity on the packets to 50 please.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow ! I can't believe I printed those labels with Seed Quantity of 60. Where was my dense head that day? @heirloomgal you grow such pretty seed take out the 10 seeds. Don't waste 10 seeds like that. The USDA will just throw them away or destroy the entire shipment. Change the quantity on the packets to 50 please.
I will change the quantity to 50, and I'll scratch the 60 off the packet labels and mark 50 on it instead.

I just figured out how to make your labels on the computer and do a replica of your label insert so I'll pack the 10 seeds for those 4 varieties and make my own envelopes for those if you think that's okay.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just figured out how to make your labels on the computer and do a replica of your label insert so I'll pack the 10 seeds for those 4 varieties and make my own envelopes for those if you think that's okay.
That would be ok to replicate those four labels with 10 seed quantity. They also have to be on the Package Inventory list if you can fix that too.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
probably because it's the normal network return amount you have printed on them? it is a nice number which works for dividing the packet into smaller amounts.

You got that exactly right. That's one of the reasons I picked that 60 number. It seemed like a decent number of seed to ask on a return. Also I can break them up into packets of 12's, 15's, 10's, or 20's when making network packets out of them and put them away in the freezer.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will change the quantity to 50, and I'll scratch the 60 off the packet labels and mark 50 on it instead.

I clicked on your packet images. I really didn't do your packet labels the right way at all. I messed up big time. They have to be numbered and the number of each variety has to match up with the number for the same variety on the Package Inventory List. Wow I really messed up this year. Those labels I made for you are the ones I send for growers here on the U.S. side.

Here are images probably from last years labels that I sent to you. I wonder if you can erase the text for the variety names and put in the names you have for this year. If you need enough labels you will have to erase and insert new numbers or do you just want me to make up the correct labels and email them to you. You can print them out. Are you going to send all the same varieties that were on your request for this year?

Last edited: