2023 Little Easy Bean Network - Beans Beyond The Colors Of A Rainbow

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 i will be trying to grow Andikove again this season and have all the return packets and labels. we'll see how that one goes.

i'm also going to give Montville and Striped Bunch another chance so also hoping to get those increased enough i can send a return.

are you planning on attending the seed swap on Feb 25th?
I am planning attending the Central Michigan Seed Swap. Weather permitting. Since its been awhile since this swap last ran there should be some major pent up demand for the swap.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am planning attending the Central Michigan Seed Swap. Weather permitting. Since its been awhile since this swap last ran there should be some major pent up demand for the swap.

great! i hope to see you there. :)

it is going to be a challenge to me this season for figuring out what to bring (besides everything :) ).

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The last 24 hours have been quite the rollercoaster ride.

As of yesterday, it seemed a major setback to my website had occurred because a full SD card which had MANY photos intended for it, disappeared. :eek::eek::eek: Very, very bad news. I actually had poor sleep last night because if it. What good would my site be without pictures? Lots of scrambling and searching ensued and eventually I had to surrender to that huge loss. I made peace with it this morning despite that fact that those photos were a huge part of that endeavor which has been in the works for awhile. Then, tonight, I found that missing card hidden inside an SD adapter. :D:D:D And not only did I find all the original photos I was looking for, but a ton more I didn't know I had on another SD card. That was some mighty good fortune.

I actually found some funny bean photos, the ones I took when my kids were littles, and was attempting to teach them a love for gardening and seeds through their own perspectives! I thought I'd post a few here for fun. I'm not putting any names to them, because, well....

20170225_212126_resized.jpg
20170226_192932_resized.jpg
20170226_203227_resized.jpg
20170227_115044_resized.jpg
20170227_124101_resized.jpg
20170227_132626_resized.jpg
20170227_203903_resized.jpg

Less literal ones, but still having fun with it 🙃
20170226_195736_resized.jpg
20170221_201524_resized.jpg

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Advance apologies for saying anything silly or rude or greedy. You'll see why in a minute 😂.
I am in search of ozark razorback back cowpeas seeds. I've read about them and they seem to do well for people in similar zone as me.
I love growing beans. Being a vegetarian it's a huge part of my families diet.
The problem is no one is selling them in bulk, like 1/2lb. Found one seller that sells 10 seeds for over $3.
So do the well knowing beanies here know how I can get my hands on some?

Please help :).

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
...Please help :).

had you posted this a few years ago i had a small collection of cow peas that were sent to me and i never planted them, so i would have gladly sent you all of them to try out. even if they weren't the specific variety you are asking for they would have at least been a backstop and a working point to go forwards from until you could get the exact variety. :) but i was able to rehome them and they are all gone so i don't have any cowpeas here at all now.

good luck in searching i hope you can find a better supply. a quick search came up with so this may help :) :

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Advance apologies for saying anything silly or rude or greedy. You'll see why in a minute 😂.
I am in search of ozark razorback back cowpeas seeds. I've read about them and they seem to do well for people in similar zone as me.
The problem is no one is selling them in bulk, like 1/2lb. Found one seller that sells 10 seeds for over $3.

Are you looking for seed to plant, or bulk quantities for cooking? I can obtain Ozark Razorback seed from SSE (in small quantities) but don't know any bulk sources. There are bulk sources for other varieties though, one of which is linked below:
Urban Farmer cowpeas

It may be worth calling/contacting Southern Exposure Seed Exchange or Willhite Seed (both Southern seed companies) who might be able to direct you elsewhere.

If all else fails, contact me by PM. Granted that I'm far from being a Southern grower (except perhaps in heart) but I grow quite a few cowpeas, and might have an ounce or two (200-300 seeds) of something you would be interested in.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

They're sold out right now, but this Etsy seller may be someone to contact. I notice that a reviewer of Lady Cream Peas posted a picture of the bag he received (on my page it is right below the Razorback listing). Looks like a goodly amount.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Are you looking for seed to plant, or bulk quantities for cooking? I can obtain Ozark Razorback seed from SSE (in small quantities) but don't know any bulk sources. There are bulk sources for other varieties though, one of which is linked below:
Urban Farmer cowpeas

It may be worth calling/contacting Southern Exposure Seed Exchange or Willhite Seed (both Southern seed companies) who might be able to direct you elsewhere.

If all else fails, contact me by PM. Granted that I'm far from being a Southern grower (except perhaps in heart) but I grow quite a few cowpeas, and might have an ounce or two (200-300 seeds) of something you would be interested in.
Seeds to plant. I would love any amount I can plant this season and save seeds. I've tried about 8 other varieties and none have done well (zipper, purple hull, Northern lady southern pea, ect) and even a grocery store one. Regular Bush and pole beans do fine but I can't seem to grow cowpeas and they are supposed to be easy. Thank you for any help!

Latest posts