2024 Little Easy Bean Network - Growing Heirloom Beans Of Today And Tomorrow

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oddly I now can't get on your site with Google Chrome or Opera, but I can get on with Firefox now.
It's odd the various accessibilties people seem to be having; some people tell me that can't view it with Firefox, some can. Other people on Android mobiles can't get it, but iphones can. All I know at the moment is that it's 'a work in progress' as my web designer says. I typed the address into the URL with google chrome and it comes up. Probably has to do with the different caches. I know that if the s is removed from the https it seems to work too. The most important thing for me at this point was to get something up.

Last edited:

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
. All I know at the moment is that it's 'a work in progress' as my web designer says. I typed the address into the URL with google chrome and it comes up. Probably has to do with the different caches. I know that if the s is removed from the https it seems to work too. The most important thing for me at this point was to get something up.
Yes I can understand wanting to get this up and running to start some exposure. A big congradulations on the site. It think it's really nice looking. Perhaps too maybe Google hasn't got your site completely indexed well yet. That could affect browsers in some ways by not finding the site from time to time. It's still brand spanking new !

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes I can understand wanting to get this up and running to start some exposure. A big congradulations on the site. It think it's really nice looking. Perhaps too maybe Google hasn't got your site completely indexed well yet. That could affect browsers in some ways by not finding the site from time to time. It's still brand spanking new !
I think you hit the nail on the head @Bluejay77. I'm not technologically savvy at all, and quite a bit of this stuff is way out of my league, but I do remember him mentioning that google doesn't 'know me yet' so to speak. There are these AI web crawler bots that go around looking for new presence out there, and he said it can take awhile for them to find a new site. I know that when he was drawing up the framework ( I put in the photos and wrote the blurbs, but he did the rest) he was always checking the google scores for wording, punctuation, etc. Anything to increase my score. The site used to say 'catalogue' at the top not 'collection' but google gave a much higher score for the word collection. (I'm a little on the fence about that since 'collection' in the seed world sometimes is a reference to a bundle of seeds you buy altogether, and I don't have anything like that.) So it isn't the case that the google score is low, it is probably more what you mention.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put in the photos and wrote the blurbs, but he did the rest)
I like the verbage on some of your bean descriptions. If you don't mind I would like to lift a few words of yours here and there and use them on my site. I can see a snap bean you have that I would like to get sometime. I would even pay you for it. It's called Gartengluck.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like the verbage on some of your bean descriptions. If you don't mind I would like to lift a few words of yours here and there and use them on my site. I can see a snap bean you have that I would like to get sometime. I would even pay you for it. It's called Gartengluck.

Absolutely! Lift away! Pay me!? Trade, trade please!

Decoy1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't have any germination record for Fat Man anymore. As I packaged new seed for the freezer I deleted some of the old records. I think @Decoy1 grew the bean successfully this past summer. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have anymore Fat Man samples here. They were all given out to two growers overseas. One in the UK and one in the Netherlands. I'm still waiting for packages to come back. I think this is an example that it wouldn't be a bad idea that packages go into the mail by the 20 of November at the latest. This also might avoid a lot of the Christmas deluge. I think you will find your seed drier than you think it is by then. @heirloomgal wants to grow Fat Man this coming summer.
I’m afraid it was @Triffid who requested Fat Man, rather than me. So the germination difficulties she reports are rather crucial. Do you know whether anyone else holds any Fat Man seeds, apart from (hopefully) the Dutch grower?

Decoy1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The day has finally arrived that I can post a link to my website! This is still a work in progress, and probably will be for some time. It can't be viewed, for now, from certain browsers and with some mobile devices. iphones seem compatible but desktops are the ideal way to view it. It is all a bit repetitive since most of what's on there has been posted here. :lol: Anyway, I'm chipping away at it daily and have recently gotten hung up trying to insert a place holder I dowloaded into the empty bean spots! Wish me luck, I need it! lol

Congratulations. It must feel a bit like giving birth! I love the layout and presentation . I’m away from home and don’t have my laptop with me. But on my tablet both Safari and Chrome open the front page but can’t load the individual variety pages. I’m sure it will get sorted soon though, and you can look forward to the first orders flooding in.

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’m afraid it was @Triffid who requested Fat Man, rather than me. So the germination difficulties she reports are rather crucial. Do you know whether anyone else holds any Fat Man seeds, apart from (hopefully) the Dutch grower?

@Decoy1
If nothing bad happens, I will have a pack of Fat Man seeds from Thresh Seed. I don't know exactly when, but I hope it will arrive by the end of April. I will send you some seeds if you don't get them first.